I work as a self-employed individual for a certain Media Company, (so its quite a 'cool' job I guess) and I've noticed some passive-aggressive and narcissistic behavior within the team. It's been quite challenging to ignore their actions and not feel left out, so I'm seeking guidance on how to deal with this situation.

One of the main issues I've encountered is the 'cliquish' nature of this workplace.

They work in posh offices, and others work self-employed from home. So obviously everything in the 'office' is 'amazing'!

It feels like they have formed a tight-knit gang, and if you're not "of the moment," you're left out.

For instance, I was invited to participate in a course where I performed well and felt like part of the team. However, when the next course came along, which was even more suited to my skills, I was excluded.

What made matters worse was that they showcased their participation all over social media, making it impossible for me and others to miss. I understand that not being selected shouldn't be a problem, but it's disheartening to see it emphasized so prominently.

As a laid-back individual, it's challenging for me not to feel left out, especially in this age of social media where they call all the shots. It seems like they have the power to decide whether you're "in" or "out," and unfortunately, they have treated many others who have worked with them similarly.

Maybe its me that just feels like this, and no one cares (even them) whatever they are doing and promoting, but it does feel like a dig, as I've worked for them so long, and now being excluded.
I am looking at other options now, and happy to pull away.

Additionally, there is a prevalent issue of big egos in this place, where mistakes are rarely acknowledged and ownership is often avoided—a classic display of narcissistic behavior.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or strategies you could share on how to overcome these feelings of exclusion. How can I maintain a positive mindset and not let their actions affect me personally? How can I navigate the social dynamics while remaining focused on my work and personal growth?

Do others suffer with this in this day and age, as everyone tries to make out on Social Media that there lives are perfect, but almost always are not and its a lie!

Thanks for any help