Thread: Took the plunge and started Lexapro! Good vibes and experiences welcome!

Took the plunge and started Lexapro! Good vibes and experiences welcome!

I finally did it. After spiraling against last night and ending up in the ER irrationally, I actually took the first dose of Lexapro this morning. My doctor just prescribed it for me. A few years ago she prescribed me Prozak and I never took it because I was too scared. Bt, I just talked it through with my family and decided to just go for it. I know so many people who take it (or another SSRI) and have seen such an improvement.

Please share positive stories for encouragement!!

Re: Took the plunge and started Lexapro! Good vibes and experiences welcome!

I find Lexapro great.
    Very mild side effects if any.
    Did he start you on 5mg and go up to 10 after a week?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Yes, that’s how I’m starting. I’ll say I’ve felt super wonky today but I’m hoping it’s just my anxiety.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Deep down you know it's your anxiety. I know for myself I can take a medication and then easily start feeling wonky, as you put it, and then there's the thought of "what if the drug is doing something terrible?". But then I'll realise later on it was just anxiety. It's unlikely you'd be feeling strange from one or two doses of low-dose Lexapro.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Yes, that’s how I’m starting. I’ll say I’ve felt super wonky today but I’m hoping it’s just my anxiety.
    I'd bet on it being anxiety

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I started with Lexapro. It was kind of rough the first few weeks - probably a combo of getting it in my system and my own anxiety - but it was well worth it on the other side. Good luck!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Hey Erin!

How are you getting on now with lexapro?

I myself are on it roughly two years now, I am finding my anxiety is now at a far far better level probably to the level
    of that of a person who doesn't have it which is great!
    I take 5mg and that works for me as I had a troublesome side affect at 10mg!

Anyways hope you're having a nice day!

Thread Information