Thread: Help

Help

Hi

Im 22 Weeks Pregnant(first Child) With Anxiety. Cant Stop Crying, Feel That Exhausted I Cant Be Bothered To Do Anything. I Sleep Ok But Wake Up In The Mornings Feeling Terrible Almost Like I Am Drunk. I Work Too.

Feel Faint Alot, And Passed Out Once At Work. I Eat Ok, And The Dr Says My Blood Count Ok. I Am Due To See A Cpn For My Anxiety. Tried Cbt And Hypnotherapy But That Didnt Work. Can Anyone Help Suggest What I Can Do, Very Very Worried At The Moment.

Thanks
    X

Re: Help

hi well the only thing i can suggest is to stop worrying!!!!! and i know youll say i cant just stop worrying!!!! i know how hard it is, believe me ive been there. but you have to interupt these negative thoughts, if you have anxiety when you get pregnant i would say the chances are that if you are thinking negatively you willstill create anxiety even if you do have the happy pregnancy hormones - if your thoughts are that bad even those wont help.

okay firstly when you are pregnant you dont feel 'normal'? your body is taken over and you feel different? also the tiredness is because your body is working soooooo hard at growing your baby? you have to look for ways to adapt, not focus on failure?

try to get off the nagative thought downward spiral now, find ways of relaxing, btw gentle exercise can help, yoga or walking or better still swimming? you will feel energised and relaxed at the same time.

if youve fainted thats no big deal either it can happen, its not a sign anythings wrong if theyve checked you out, and said your okay?

you wont damage your baby by being anxious, all you will do is make it harder for yourself. start looking for ways to help yourself,instead of thinking you cant cope?

all the best, keep posting and take care, emma btw maybe you could ask the cpn to refer you for cbt?

Thread Information