Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Situation - Rock Bottom

Re: Current Situation - Rock Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLionMan View Post
    Haha, I joke, but I actually really struggled with it.
    I was never scared of catching Covid, but I don’t think it helped that all the sport stopped and things, all the distractions I relied on.
    TBH, I think certain factions of society had already been gagging for some kind of national lockdown ages before Covid came along, especially hardcore elements of the H & S brigade and those who hate getting off their backsides period.

Certain staff members at my previous day centre definitely spring to mind, especially the ones who would habitually cancel day trips or community-based activities willy-nilly at the slightest inkling of any undesirable weather or whatever else.

Furlough must have been bliss for them in 2020!

It definitely suited some people. Caused a nightmare for my businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Polite View Post
    I’m sorry you’re struggling. But do you think of impact this continuous posting has on others who have tried to help you. You don’t listen to what people have told you about language or your constant analysis. It’s just same stuff over and over. It’s a bit disrespectful of people who have offered advice - some for many years. I get that when you are in thick of it it’s hard to think straight. You just want help and you are desperate. It’s so tough, I know. But you have to try and change the story.
    Try some meds, look at in house therapy try and change the narrative. You will not feel better restricting your life the way you do, and applying this constant analysis of cause and effect, and looking for comfort on here or other places online. You obviously can’t get comfort you need from those close to you, which seems like an obvious thing to try and address.
    I hope the crisis team can help.
    I’m not looking to get into a back and forth as I don’t use the site much, but please try and think of others before you post.
    Man, you nailed that Mr. P! This thread is just a continuation of the previous thread and should be merged. Despite the OP is saying about trying, all appearances indicate quite the opposite. No sense in replying as it's just fodder for the dragon. Some will, some won't, so what? It is what it is. Again sir, well said!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It definitely suited some people. Caused a nightmare for my businesses.
    I also recall someone saying on another forum I used to frequent a few years back but eventually gave up on due to the constant venom and OTT-ness from certain members on it during the immediate aftermath of the 7/7 terrorist attacks in central London in 2005 and also during the August 2011 riots that full-on national lockdowns were urgently needed on both occasions in the interests of the entire country's safety and security and my immediate thought (on both occasions) was 'What the hell?'. To implicitly award the small minority of nutjobs hell bent on causing chaos and wanton destruction on the streets of our cities and towns some kind of 'badge of honour' by simply shutting down the whole country; even areas where the chances of such incidents occurring were/are extremely remote and at the inconvenience of all us innocent folks who were/are far more likely to get run over by a bus than get caught up in a terrorist attack or a riot.

As for the recent Covid pandemic, its lockdowns were necessary; at least during its initial stages, even though I've more recently wondered as to whether or not they were completely warranted, especially as Sweden managed to get through the worst of the pandemic without any national lockdowns and their death rates directly attributed to Covid weren't reported to be any greater than ours as a result.

You live in an interesting world Lenco.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You live in an interesting world Lenco.

FMP
    No stranger than a bloke who doesn’t suffer with a mental health problem, spending all his days mocking people who do.

I don't think FMP mocks anyone, though. Sure, he can be harsh, but harsh works on some people.

Frankly, I depend on harsh when I start disappearing up myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Man, you nailed that Mr. P! This thread is just a continuation of the previous thread and should be merged. Despite the OP is saying about trying, all appearances indicate quite the opposite. No sense in replying as it's just fodder for the dragon. Some will, some won't, so what? It is what it is. Again sir, well said!

FMP
    You have absolutely no idea what I do in a day in an attempt to get better and the effort I’m putting in to fight for myself. Bloody judging me.

No stranger than a bloke who doesn’t suffer with a mental health problem, spending all his days mocking people who do.

Bro, I've struggled with depression and anxiety since my first heart attack in 2007. I've gone to therapy and taken meds to help. I struggled after my cancer and again, went to therapy and taken meds to help. The bottom line is it came down to me to take action on the words and techniques to quell the dragon. I still have my moments and struggle but I recognize it and take action. I'm 64, have had two heart attacks, triple bypass and triple stents for my heart issues. Ohhh yeah, battling Stage IVa H&N cancer, two surgeries, and 6 weeks of chemo and radiation and I'm still here. I had a 50/50 chance for survival! I can safely say that no members here have gone through what I have. I originally came here because I followed posters on the cancer forum I was part of to this site over 10 years ago and have offered real life observations and advice since then. Not to mention my daughter has severe mental health issues (anxiety and depression) and has been in treatment since she was a young teen. She has attempted suicide twice and has been in mental hospitals several times by choice and not.

You know what? Suck it up dude! No words on a screen or the advice of others who have tried to help and support you over the last few years will help unless you act on them. You know what? I would gladly reply and support you if you showed any evidence of you actually trying and making progress. You've done nothing of the sort! Need I say more?

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 05-11-23 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I don't think FMP mocks anyone, though. Sure, he can be harsh, but harsh works on some people.

Frankly, I depend on harsh when I start disappearing up myself.
    All he does with me is try and police what I post, belittle me, mock me for not getting better, and talk about me on my own posts. Can’t be doing with it.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information