Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad patch

Re: Bad patch

I’ll come along with you Blue as well. I think when anxiety reaches a certain pitch, it begins to attach itself to multiple facets of our lives.

Worrying about our loved ones is natural but with us anxiety fixates and forecasts the worst possible outcomes.

I wish you peace and comfort xx

Thank you so much, everyone.

Definitely feeling wary about work today, but realistically that's more about my own emotions than about anything dreadful that might happen. I'm also sort of looking forward to getting back to the rhythm of the tasks I have to do.

Still worried my manager is trying to get rid of me (only partly irrational, this has happened before with this specific manager), but being logical about it, this would create a lot of work for her just on the HR side, even without all the slack she'd have to pick up if I was gone.

I definitely have the odd bad patch and they are horrible. What helps me is posting on here, doing all the anti-anxiety things I normally do and trying to carry on as much as normal. It isn't fun but you will get through it.

You can do this!

I'm often reminded by my other half that issues lie with the other person and not me.
    Yesterday I had my head bitten off by a neighbour because I asked why her hubby wasn't helping with the digging. She snapped back at me with a "WHY?" and a super fixed glare and before I could say anything she gave another "WHY?", this time much louder, almost a shout and I thought to myself, "what?" Knowing the couple are very lovey dovey, always walking hand in hand. Mr C said they might have had a row. But I'll never speak to her again. It takes courage for me to be social.
    So this boss BlueIris may have had issues that day and you got the brunt of it. As she gave you a lift home she was obviously feeling guilty and so she should.
    Why people can't just be polite and professional at work is beyond me. It would make our lives so much more pleasant and productive.
    You haven't done anything wrong. Even if you make a mistake, it's human anyway. Be proud of your work and being the better person. And your worth at work is immense. xx
    Last edited by Carnation; 16-10-23 at 14:45.

Hi Blue....I’m walking right beside you....

i know exactly how your feeling, I’m going through a bed patch at the moment and can’t seem to catch a break, my nerves are that sensitive, the smallest thing or thought will set it off, as Carnation said a lot of the time it’s other people that do it, some people don’t think what they say or do....

I think we get caught in a loop, we have intrusive thoughts that continually batter our minds, that causes the anxiety to rise, with that comes the symptoms, back come more intrusive thoughts that something bad is going to happen or am I ill, the same thoughts about other people too, it’s like an ocd...the million dollar question is.. how do we break that loop...
    and how do we stop those thoughts, obviously you can’t stop a thought, but why do we automatically think those things and what should we do with those thoughts when we get them...try and accept them as silly, they are not real they are only thoughts passings through a tired mind....

You will get through this blue and come out the other side, just like you have done hundreds of times before and all your friends are here to help you do that.

Hope your feeling a little better today, how’s work going this morning xxx

Actually quite enjoying work this morning, I'm a lot better organised than I was last week and can generally relate to people.

Hopefully I can continue in this vein.

That’s brilliant Blue

Things we dreading are often not as bad in reality. It will serve as a good experience to put in the bank. And the normality of work is always good when we are bad. We need to keep things as normal as possible when our heads are telling us things are not normal.

Mrs.C…what a rude neighbour. Yes it’s probably something going on in her life but there’s no need to take it out on someone else.

Ghost…Spillways

Glad your enjoying work and it’s turned out better than you anticipated, As Darksky said, sometimes your imagination is worse than reality...xxxx

Darksky, I wondered if it was being 'too sensitive' but Mr C took her as being brash or as you say 'rude'.

YNWA, it must be them and not us, surely?
    Even if I feel sh it I never let it show in the outside world.
    My problems are not theirs and should be vice versa.

BlueIris, I'm so pleased to hear you are doing ok today.
    Normally when you have peaked, the calmness and straight thinking follow.
    Did you do those affirmations last night?
    I sometimes forget but me reminding you, reminded me.

Honestly, Carnation, I'd avoid that neighbour if they were like that to me too - I'd be afraid. And yes, I did the affirmations, I spent specific time thinking about all the things I was grateful for.

Today I solved a work problem I've been trying to sort out for about a year and a half. It wasn't complicated, I'm just not good at social stuff but today I tried something new and it worked beautifully.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information