Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lung cancer fear is taking over my life

Re: Lung cancer fear is taking over my life

I do have a small amount of tenderness by the sternum, but most of it is on the outside of my ribs. Sometimes it feels like it's coming from the Inside of my body and not the ribs themselves, but it is very hard to tell. I have seen costochondritis come up a lot in my searches. It is definitely a possibility.

Re: Lung cancer fear is taking over my life

Hey. Back again.

So I'm 95% sure my abdominal/rib discomfort is from some kind of digestive issue. I noticed after a night of drinking alcohol, the next morning, that discomfort was back 10 fold. I stopped drinking alcohol, caffeine and reduced my fat intake and the discomfort went away completely. I also don't have the crackling in my voice, so the lung cancer worry had been quelled.

What I worry about now is the breast issue. The doctor says he feels this is a hormonal issue, but the pain seems to move around. Sometimes it's in the middle of my breast, sometimes it hurts near my sternum, sometimes it's tender on the outter edge, only with the left breast. Sometimes my rib cage aches 2 inches below my armpit. The doctor can't feel anything worrying, I can't feel anything worrying, but this pain makes me hyper anxious. I'll be able to get a mammogram the first week of January, but in the meantime, the wait really isn't fun. I also still have this shoulder blade ache. It's not constant. Sometimes it goes away. It never gets worse, but now seems to have moved to my right shoulder blade as well. Sometimes it aches in the middle of my shoulder blades. Resting always eases it, but it never fully goes away. I don't know if it's tension from stress. My anxious brain says breast cancer was missed and now it's in my bones.

So that's my current situation. Lung cancer worry has morphed to breast cancer worry. Let's go January.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information