Thread: Health anxiety has got so much worse-struggilng to cope

Health anxiety has got so much worse-struggilng to cope

My health anxiety in the last two months has become so much worse and I’m finding it hard to get a hold of it.

I moved out of my parents home for the second time with my partner(this always seems to be when it flares up)
    I think one of the main sources is not trusting people to believe me that something is wrong, my partner is aware I have health anxiety but I feel like the boy who cried Wolf which sends me spiralling more.

I start panicking about something and then worry this time no one will believe me and then it will be something serious.

My main worry since I was a child(25 now almost) has been going into anaphylactic shock. It has sent me spiralling every night for the last month despite me never having any food allergies or anything. I have had eczema my whole life and I assume it’s something that maybe developed from that since it is allergy driven.
    Just really struggling at the moment to cope with it all.

Re: Health anxiety has got so much worse-struggilng to cope

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I've been there so many times myself and I'm currently there now too :(

I've had health anxiety for about 15 years and when it's bad it completely takes over your life. I sometimes think of all the things I worried about and all the time I wasted worrying instead of living my life.
    My advice would be that if you think your HA is getting out of control, do something about it. Meds and therapy have worked wonders for many people. Personally I can't tolerate most meds. Have tried so many of them but I'm just too sensitive to them.
    I want to go for therapy but can't afford it at the moment. As soon as I can I will be straight in there.
    Is therapy something you would consider?

You're young with your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste these best years worrying about things. If you can't control the worries then get help to control them.
    It can be very hard to get out of the HA way of thinking once you go down that road. Many people need help, whether it's meds or therapy or both, to help them overcome it.
    I really hope you reach out to someone because living your life in fear of something that might happen isn't living. Trust me, I'm talking from experience.

Re: Health anxiety has got so much worse-struggilng to cope

Thank you for the response.

I have been in and out of therapy since I was 16. Never tried medication due to the health anxiety haha. I never really got on well with CBT but not sure what other therapies are effective with health anxiety. I found talking therapy for figuring out where it stems from(being a sick kid) but not really with the compulsive/anxiety nature of it.

I hope things get better for you

Thread Information