Thread: Worried about blood clot.

Worried about blood clot.

How long do you need to sit for a clot to form?

I know this post comes from a bit of anxiety and that’s being addressed.

I know the question has many variables to think about to give a decent answer. I have a clot worry. Yesterday for work I was on standby and during that time I fell asleep in my truck for about two hours. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I’m just curious if that’s enough time for a clot worry to be justified.

Also a little back history. In 2021 I got Covid. The week following a negative result I drove for training for work. About a two hour drive. I moved my legs around a bit during the drive. Two days after the drive I ended up going to a clinic for leg pain. Was given an ultrasound and told I have a clot and was put on xarelto. A month after I was given another ultrasound and the clot had disappeared and I was taken off the xarelto.

I mention that to say that I know having a previous clot can make you more susceptible to another one. Though I’m not convinced I really had one. By that I mean I was never told if it was a DVT or an SVT. They also gave me an option to not take a blood thinner at the time which makes me lean towards an SVT. That and the fact it was gone in the follow up ultrasound. My PCP could never get info from the clinic to confirm.

TLDR: Fell asleep in drivers seat and worried if two hours is long enough for a clot to form.

Re: Worried about blood clot.

No one knows if sitting immobile for 2 hours is long enough to cause a clot?

It is extremely unlikely. People sit at desks for way longer than 2 hours.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It is extremely unlikely. People sit at desks for way longer than 2 hours.
    I sit probably 8-10 hours a day on average between work and otherwise. Most of us do.
    More than extremely unlikely. More like no chance

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information