Thread: Worried about heart failure

Worried about heart failure

Hi..

In an anxiety spiral at the moment. Worrying about CHF. I've had an ongoing cough for about 6+ weeks now, when it started I had other cold-type symptoms which eased but the cough remained. I also developed some sinus infection symptoms about 2-3 weeks ago (forhead pressure and drainage), I saw my doctor around that time (so around 2 weeks ago) and was prescribed antibiotics. The cough still remains (not as bad as it was the first few weeks, just a few coughs per day now) but also coughing up some white mucus with it? Also had some dizziness recently too.
    I also had a long lasting cough several months ago. so january-march I had a persistent cough like this but was ok over summer.

My heart also feels like it beats pretty quickly even when resting but that could be anxiety (this is an ongoing thing, not a new "symptom") when I visited doc a few weeks ago she took my blood pressure which was slightly elevated. I also had an ECG in August as part of an unrelated preop and that was normal (nothing flagged up at least). If there was heart failure happening, would that have been picked up then..? I'm not sure whether to make another appointment or if that would just be wasting time. I'm not overweight at all and reasonably active.

Re: Worried about heart failure

This is a totally impossible HA inspired scenario and I think you know it

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information