Thread: HELP! Extreme Anxiety - Swollen Lower Right Abdomen

HELP! Extreme Anxiety - Swollen Lower Right Abdomen

Hi all, I’m a 34 year old male. 3-4 times a week in the gym and eat relatively healthy. 2 weeks ago noticed my lower right quadrant of my abdomen was protruding more than my left side. Noticed a few days after heavy gym session so thought possibly hernia.

Saw my GP who had a feel around and stated she was not concerned. To be safe ordered an Ultrasound and Abdominal XRay.

Technician who did the Ultrasound said there was nothing there re hernia. She indicated that it appears to just be me but I’m not convinced as there is a physical change. I am still waiting for the official results back. I also had a general checkup with bloods / urine sample and they came back fine according to Gp.

I have a history of Health Anxiety over many years but have not had a flare up like this in a long time.

The protrusion is only present when I strain/push. I have no pain and until my anxiety cranked up I had no other symptoms. Now have constipation etc so starting to worry re intestinal obstruction / CRC etc.

I have GP appt tomorrow for results and mind is going a million miles an hour. I have no family history of cancer etc but am terrified.

Please HELP

Re: HELP! Extreme Anxiety - Swollen Lower Right Abdomen

You've had every test that would be given to diagnose anything nefarious in the area. The ultrasound tech is probably right. It could just be the constipation causing a bit of bloating on that side, a physical attribute you never noticed before but then became hyperfocused on, a change in muscle mass from your workouts that just made that side look slightly bigger than the other, etc... That ultrasound would have for sure shown anything that's there. I spent years with fibroids (tumors on my uterus) and they were immediately seen on ultrasound.

Thread Information