Thread: Terrified of side stomach back pain

Terrified of side stomach back pain

Terrified of pancreatic cancer back pain
    I am terrified that I have pancreatic cancer. A month ago I was really stressed and got an awful burning stomach ache. It lasted a day then disappeared. A week and a half later I got a wierd aching burning stomach at the top of my abdomen that persisted. Then I got a cold but was still having a slightly painful
    Stomach. The stomach ache then died down but then I started having pain in both flanks, almost like a constant stitch, under my ribs. It began in my left side then swapped to my right. I went to the doctors on Wednesday who did blood tests which all came back clear and I’m waiting on an abdominal ultrasound. When I went the pain was in my right side. Since then the pain has moved back to my left side. I keep getting a burning ache in my stomach on and off. I am 34 years old with two young children and I am absolutely petrified. I also just read an article about intermittent pain being an early sign of PC and am in such a state!

Re: Terrified of side stomach back pain

Anyone??? I am so so worried. Side pain now gone but stomach pain back

It could be anything non sinister. Trust the doctor and get the scans and take it from there.

We have no way of knowing what it is to be honest but I hope you feel better soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi I just wanted to reply to say that I understand your fears but it can absolutely be something very boring and unsinister causing this. Of course it's always good to have your scan and get checked out (make sure not gallstones if you still have your gallbladder etc.) but chances are it will just be IBS related or something that will just pass. I understand your fears as you can see on a post that I started years ago and have updated and revisted many times due to it resurfacing every year or two. Recently been through another flare up of whatever it is and again have had a clear MRI. Here's my thread if you want to have a read through: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...-getting-worse

All the best with your ultrasound and try to be reassured that there thousands of benign reasons that can cause these types of symptoms (easier said than done I know!)

I am so terrified. I’m 34 and convinced I have PC. All side pain has now gone but my stomach hurts when I think of it. Should I book a private scan? My referral could take months from the GP. I feel as though one symptom goes and another appears!

So the pain is only there when you think about it?

I wouldn't pay to go private but that choice is yours really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information