Thread: Globus Sensation/ feeling of something stuck in throat

Globus Sensation/ feeling of something stuck in throat

IÂ’ve had a really bad time with health anxiety over the last 4 months and for the last couple of weeks or so IÂ’ve had the feeling of something being stuck at the top of my throat. It seems to move up and down when I swallow and then kind of just sits there. Sometimes it feels scratchy and other times it feels like thereÂ’s a golf ball in there. There are times when I donÂ’t feel it. I have no problem with eating and drinking and it seems to help when I have eaten. I really hate the feeling and worry it could be something serious. My neck is so tense and just canÂ’t relax. Thoughts are going through my head all the time. I went to my doctor earlier this week for my anxiety and mentioned my throat. They had a look and couldnÂ’t see anything. I was sent for a blood test to check my thyroid which came back completely normal. How do you cope with it. I just want it to go away. Everything else in life is fine and just want to enjoy it but I canÂ’t because of this issue. Any tips to help get rid of this thing?

Re: Globus Sensation/ feeling of something stuck in throat

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information