Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and sertraline

Anxiety and sertraline

so ive been on sertraline 6 years altogether and was doing fab!! im on 100mg. 5 days ago i had a trigger which set my anxiety off and i felt like i did at the beginning of my journey, the intrusive thoughts and everything else. It does seem to of calmed a little bit just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a set back over the years and been like this? how long for it to calm down again?
    before my trigger i had been poorly with a sickness bug so missed a couple of tablets, although ive missed a couple before and was fine.

Does seem to get a little better each day

Re: Anxiety and sertraline

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh0910 View Post
    before my trigger i had been poorly with a sickness bug so missed a couple of tablets, although ive missed a couple before and was fine.
    It is possible that the sickness bug and withdrawal from the missed doses had more to do with the return of anxiety and intrusive thoughts than the trigger you're attributing the setback to.

Anxiety and depression are the emotional symptoms of brain changes caused by a type of auto-immune response and they often flare when our immune system goes into overdrive fighting infections. It is also very important that you don't skip antidepressant doses as the withdrawal symptoms can include anxiety and depression.

Does seem to get a little better each day
    Which is what I'd expect as the immune system calms down and the quantity of sertraline in plasma returns to its previous level.

Woke up today anxiety high again, just want to feel somewhat normal again although I can still do bits of stuff I still find myself sitting browsing through forums for answers.

I didn’t completely miss 2 doses the 1st one I took and was sick I took the next night then missed the night after so would that still be the same as missing 2 doses??

I think I’m going to bed expecting to wake up anxious, I get anxious of being anxious if that makes sense? Everything was great up until last week. Is it a case of waiting a little longer for everything to level out??

I still find myself sitting browsing through forums for answers.
    As I'm sure you know this is a bad idea. It very, very rarely does anything useful. It just feeds the anxiety monster.

so would that still be the same as missing 2 doses??
    Probably not.

I think I'm going to bed expecting to wake up anxious, I get anxious of being anxious if that makes sense? Everything was great up until last week.
    An anxious mind doesn't need much encouragement to create our worst nightmares out of nothing if given half a chance.

Is it a case of waiting a little longer for everything to level out??
    Yes. Blips usually don't last long, however, if this continues then the dose may need to be increased for a while. If there isn't a significant improvement by early next week then I suggest you talk to your doctor about what has happened.

Yes. Blips usually don't last long, however, if this continues then the dose may need to be increased for a while. If there isn't a significant improvement by early next week then I suggest you talk to your doctor about what has happened.[/QUOTE]

My anxiety in a morning can be high but I do feel a tad better then I did, by afternoon I feel some what normal, can’t remember how long it takes for the morning anxiety to go

So on Thursday I will hit the 2 week mark from when my blip started, I do still have morning anxiety but it’s much better by dinner time so hoping this is a good sign! Just want the morning anxiety to go now!

So on Thursday I will hit the 2 week mark from when my blip started, I do still have morning anxiety but it's much better by dinner time so hoping this is a good sign! Just want the morning anxiety to go now!
    When do you take the sertraline? Maybe switching to the opposite time of day will help.

If this doesn't work then I think you should talk to your GP about increasing the dose. Enduring anxiety for any length of time tends to reinforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    When do you take the sertraline? Maybe switching to the opposite time of day will help.

If this doesn't work then I think you should talk to your GP about increasing the dose. Enduring anxiety for any length of time tends to reinforce it.
    I take it at night, I always have

Yeah I’m going to see how I am in a week, I’ll give it another week as I do feel better then I did and morning anxiety’s wears off quicker then it did last week so I think I’m on the right track

Also we had that sickness bug and now I have a cold (blacked nose, headache, all the common cold symptoms) my partner had it too so not sure if that could of done anything, the second I wake up I feel internal shaking and don’t really want to get up, once I’m up and doing stuff it fades off so don’t really want to up my dose unless I have to.

If it don’t improve in a week or 2 then I’ll see my doctor

now I have a cold (blacked nose, headache, all the common cold symptoms) my partner had it too so not sure if that could of done anything
    A cold could have an impact, especially when anxiety is flaring anyway. Only time will tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information