Thread: Stomach problems worse after colonoscopy?

Stomach problems worse after colonoscopy?

Has anyone else in this group who may have had a colonoscopy stomach get worse after?

It’s almost been a week and I’ve had extreme bloating since day 3 of the colonoscopy. I didn’t really have any the first day. I have mainly ibs-c which has gotten so much worse since having it done as well has having acid reflux almost everyday despite completely changing how I eat to be low fod map. I never really suffered with bloating prior but my stomach feels so hard and full. I’m not sure if maybe the prep upset my tummy.

I don’t know if this is normal or not or if I have perforated my bowel or something.

Re: Stomach problems worse after colonoscopy?

I’ve not had a colonoscopy, but a quick google showed this:

Up to one-third of patients experience abdominal pain, nausea, or bloating afterward, which may last hours to several days.

So it seems normal. This is also something I’d probably just call the doctor for and run it by them for peace of mind. But I wouldn’t be terribly worried about this since it seems normal.

Yes! Me!
    ive had two colonoscopies and bloating, pain and ibs symptoms worse afterwards. And for longer than a week too. I reckon its to do with the bowel prep disturbing the gut microbiome

At least someone else has said this has happened to them as I can’t see anything else online. Still really anxious about it as my stomach feels so tight almost like a belt around my ribs which I haven’t ever had before.
    Thanks for replying!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information