Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnation’s New Thread - Anxiety, setbacks and tips

Re: Carnation’s New Thread - Anxiety, setbacks and tips

Don't wait until you think you need to do selfcare. Do it as part of your routine.

To relax...
    Clench your fist for a few minutes then unclench and let your hands lay relaxed.

Electrolytes....
    There is something about connecting to the ground, especially the earth.
    On a rare warm day I sat on the grass and after about ten minutes felt immediately charged with energy.
    Why is it when we get older we stop doing the things that we did when we were young.
    We are we disconnecting our bodies from the earth.
    We wear so many things that disconnect us, padded jackets, wedged footwear, drive cars, sit on buses and trains.
    How many of us take our footwear off indoors instead of putting on boot-like slippers or just staying in the footwear we've had on all day?
    When was the last time we walked barefoot on the grass, no wonder so many of us feel floaty.
    So when you get a chance, get that connection with the earth.

Thanks, Carnation. A couple of days after we spoke last week I had a full-on breakdown; it was terrifying. Getting back on track now thanks to your helpful tips, but I made a lot of mistakes trying to get back from this one.

Oh BlueIris, it's not nice going to that place
    The body and mind have an incredible way of keeping you safe, even if you don't think it at the time.
    It will take action if it's needed and sometimes it will just say to you, enough is enough.
    Maybe too much negative thinking, not enough relaxation, not enough of creativity and things that give us joy. Not staying in the moment. Or worrying about stuff that hasn't even happened and probably will never happen.
    Overworked brain and it tells you so. So many times we ignore the signs to 'time-out'. We go on punishing ourselves, torturing the mind and wonder why we get to the point of a full on meltdown.
    We should never be too busy to recognise when we need a break from our thoughts and divert our attention on the calming process we need. Who can't afford ten minutes here and there to calm those nerves. Breath, sit, shut the mind, relax the muscles and regain some peace to such an overworked brain. We all do it, we keep plugging away, fighting, if only we remember to stop, slow down and take those moments to recharge and relax those nerves.

I'm really sorry to hear that Blue, but glad you're picking up a little.

Struggling myself here, losing my Dad is impacting in more ways than the simple fact he has gone. He and his house/needs/companionship really did keep the agoraphobia at bay.

Carnation, I find your tips and explanations very soothing, comforting. I don't say that often enough.

I'm so very sorry you're having a bad time, Fishman.

I can feel agoraphobia trying to get a hold on me right now, but having spent the whole weekend indoors I know it didn't help at all. It's hard, isn't it?

Carnation, he's right. You do so much for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I can feel agoraphobia trying to get a hold on me right now, but having spent the whole weekend indoors I know it didn't help at all. It's hard, isn't it?
    While I'm not necessarily agoraphobic per se ATM, the thought of me witnessing irate parents losing with their kids in public and/or smoking in cars with their kids present really fills me with both dread and rage, and dread the thought of going to supermarkets, etc for fear of possibly witnessing such things.

But I know full well avoiding the issues by not venturing out in public will be an even greater hindrance in the long run, and thankfully it's something I seldom ever seem to witness these days compared to the 90s and 2000s.

Thank you fishman

I found the same situation when I lost my mum.
    Her needs pushed me to limits I certainly didn't think I was capable of at the time and I did find myself struggling even more so with agoraphobia when my services were no longer needed.
    I threw myself into the garden (not literally). Growing stuff and tending to the plants gave me that purpose I needed and wanting more plants and seeds pushed me to go out again.
    Life takes some adjusting after losing a parent, even more so with the condition of anxiety.
    Fishman, let time and nature take care of your struggles.

Aww, thank you BlueIris

It helps me too and you've helped me on a few occasions.
    Anyone of us can need advice, comfort or just an ear to listen.
    One person's fear can be helped by another who has experienced it.
    Please don't worry about the staying in because although I had those same thoughts when I stayed in, it's the will that prevents that from becoming permanent. In some instances some time out is good. So you can relax those tired nerves.
    I never thought I'd step outside the front door, the garden, the street, a shop, a supermarket or further than 1 mile away from home.
    It's the will and determination with a lot of 'I'm going for it no matter what' attitude.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information