Thread: Oesophagus varice grade 1 no liver disease has ANYBODY had this please so scared

Question Oesophagus varice grade 1 no liver disease has ANYBODY had this please so scared

I have been told I have 2 oesophagus varices no red streaking , no liver issues, I am so so scared of course I stupidly googled, now I need a liver biopsy on Tuesday, all tests for liver have come back clear, but they said they need to try and find a cayse of the varices.
    I am in such a pickle

Re: Oesophagus varice grade 1 no liver disease has ANYBODY had this please so scared

So upset nobody has answered I can't be the only one that's got a varice or had a liver biopsy surely?

Re: Oesophagus varice grade 1 no liver disease has ANYBODY had this please so scared

I have no experience of this whatsoever, but I wanted you to know people are reading.

I'm sorry you're going through this and that no one has replied. I'd never heard of this condition until I just looked it up. How did you find out you had it? That is, what prompted the test if you don't have liver issues? Is the diagnosis certain?

Hi, I had an endoscopy in Aug 22 because if reflux etc, they found inflammation and an ulcer then in October they gave me another endoscopy to see how it was the oesophagitus had gone the ulcer had gone but they found unexpectedly a grade 1 varice in my oesophagus with no redness, they then thought it was cirrhosis but I don't drink etc but they said that was the main cause normally, so I had loads of blood tests all normal then fibro scan which was normal the same with ultra sound then ct scan all normal, then yesterday I had another endoscopy , varis still there no physical changes so they now want me to have a liver biopsy...on Tuesday this really scares me

Sorry you’re going through this. I don’t have experience either, but most of us here know how scary it is going for tests & waiting for answers.

Wishing you all the very best.

Grade oesophagal varis liver fine anybody else?

Grade 1 no red,Just want to find somebody else that's had this I can't get it out of my mind so scared I know grade 1 isn't likely to bleed but can it stay at 1?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information