Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best medication for anxiety, ocd.

Re: Best medication for anxiety, ocd.

Thanks

You're welcome, of course, and I know its get really hard sometime just to manage the basics. I have (somewhat) good days and (more) bad days as of late and I'm struggling myself if I'm being honest; but thank you for asking. We're here for you and you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by isthisasgdasitgets View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. I just feel such a failure at the moment and the faking is getting harder. I hope you're doing well.

Please don't feel a failure. It's exhausting trying to pretend you're ok but most of us do it endlessly.

My advice would be to stick with your current dosage of paroxetine and not change meds. You need to work towards some stability and not put pressure on yourself with all the anxiety a med change can bring? You need to accept that you are going through a blip and that this is ok. It happens..especially with anxiety and OCD. The fact that paroxetine has worked so well for you is a real bonus but you don't need to depend on a med to feel safe. You'll get through this but don't do yourself down because that won't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Please don't feel a failure. It's exhausting trying to pretend you're ok but most of us do it endlessly.

My advice would be to stick with your current dosage of paroxetine and not change meds. You need to work towards some stability and not put pressure on yourself with all the anxiety a med change can bring? You need to accept that you are going through a blip and that this is ok. It happens..especially with anxiety and OCD. The fact that paroxetine has worked so well for you is a real bonus but you don't need to depend on a med to feel safe. You'll get through this but don't do yourself down because that won't help at all.
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm doubting it does work now. But I guess I'm doubting everything. 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel View Post
    You're welcome, of course, and I know its get really hard sometime just to manage the basics. I have (somewhat) good days and (more) bad days as of late and I'm struggling myself if I'm being honest; but thank you for asking. We're here for you and you're not alone.
    Sorry to hear you're struggling. I hope the good days become more ��

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information