I have suffered with hemorrhoids for years and I have learnt to cope with them. 90% of the time I bleed while passing a stool, but that's fine. There's no pain and I've had a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy, about three years ago

The hemorrhoids come and go and flare up from time to time, but recently something feels different.

I've had a bad case of a thrombosed hemorrhoid; in fact it was so bad I went to my Dr about it. He had a look and confirmed what it was and said it should go within a week or two.

That's fine, I know what to expect. However this time I can feel a very hard small lump, what appears to be inside the thrombosed hemorrhoid. When I push it, it moves about, but also is connected to what I assume is the end of a vein in the rectal wall.

The lump doesn't hurt and is tiny in size, about a quarter the size of a pea... But it's there and certainly doesn't feel like a hemorrhoid.

I did my usual and googled; of course all sorts of dreaded possibilities came up. One of which was scar tissue from a previous flare up...

My question is: ilIs this an old hemorrhoid, part of my current thrombosed hemorrhoid or something else?

I am making myself sick with worry!