Thread: Chronic vaginal thrush and Vulvodynia

Chronic vaginal thrush and Vulvodynia

Hi ladies I’m 58 and have never had a thrush infection in my life up until October last year. I had a sebaceous cyst that kept getting infected and took a few courses of antibiotics and as a result developed thrush. I was given the usual canesten cream and oral tablet but the burning and irritation would return soon after I stopped the medication. I finally saw a gyno last month and she said to used Nilstat for a whole month and see her next month. I just finished the course and I’m still getting the burning ! It happens on shower days (I’m using a fragrance free sensitive skin body wash) and when I wipe after peeing or when i sit for too long. The gyno said the thrush might have gone but it’s left you with this condition ….i haven’t had sex with my husband for almost six months now and even though it’s the last thing on my mind I still feel very upset that this horrible burning is controlling my life ….anyone else been through this and what have you done ?

Re: Chronic vaginal thrush and Vulvodynia

I don't want to sound like an advert, but have you tried Gina? I'm 56 so not far off you and I went on HRT nearly 4 years ago. One of the things I'm prescribed are vaginal pessaries. There have been times when I forget to use them for a bit and I honestly get almost the exact same symptoms as thrush without the discharge. It might be worth considering it's a hormonal thing?

Thread Information