Thread: Skin cancer!!

Skin cancer!!

UGH! Another skin cancer, a new one this time! I’ve had a couple melanomas and I feel like I am pretty well versed at spotting them. They no longer concern me. But recently I had my derm remove a spot on my forehead. It was a TINY little flesh colored bump, looked like a little calcium deposit or something of NO concern. It’s been there for 4 years or more. Even the derm, who is awesome, was not concerned at all. Turns out it was squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). And now I’m freaking out. Report says it it’s AT LEAST squamous cell in-situ, but they cannot rule out invasive because the cells are in the base of the sample. Says it’s arising from a seborrheic keratosis. I have to go back for a moh’s procedure. I’m scared of what the odds are that it might have spread as SCC’s CAN do. How long was it an SK versus how long it was an SCC. It’s been there for so long. It’s never changed or itched or bled or showed any signs of concern. I only asked them to take it off during one of my usual skin checks on a whim. Does anyone have any experience with having had one for several years??

Re: Skin cancer!!

Anyone?

Sorry, but no experience with SCC. That said, I left a BCC on my forehead for about five years or more, it wasn't a tiny lump, it was a half-inch bleeding ulcer and it was removed without it being a big deal.

SCCs can spread, but as you know, it's not that likely.

Really hope it all works out for you.

Thanks Blueiris! I’m really spiraling on this one. It’s been a long time since anything has bothered me like this so I don’t definitely don’t have a handle on it. I think i would have been okay if it hadn’t been a spot that had been there for a few years. That is what keeps making me question it.

I think SCC are still usually pretty slow to grow, for what it's worth.

I have read that and have even seen it with friends (one who neglected hers for near a decade), but it’s not stopping my HA this time. It’s not as bad as it’s previously been but the struggle is real for certain.

Thread Information