Thread: CT Kidney Scan Abnormality

CT Kidney Scan Abnormality

Hi all,
    I’ve always been an anxious person around health . I’m panicking a bit as my wife has had pains in her right abdomen and groin area . She’s 54 and is quite fit and healthy usually. At first they thought it was a kidney stone (she had one a few years ago) , but a CT scan has shown that at the top of her right kidney there is what the Doctor describes as ‘sludge’ which doesn’t look right. He wants to run another scan , but added that this is not uncommon to see this on CT scans and there is no need to panic.
    Obviously I am very worried now as she is my world . Has anyone on the forum had anything similar to this ? Thanks - John

Re: CT Kidney Scan Abnormality

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny69 View Post
    Hi all,
    I’ve always been an anxious person around health . I’m panicking a bit as my wife has had pains in her right abdomen and groin area . She’s 54 and is quite fit and healthy usually. At first they thought it was a kidney stone (she had one a few years ago) , but a CT scan has shown that at the top of her right kidney there is what the Doctor describes as ‘sludge’ which doesn’t look right. He wants to run another scan , but added that this is not uncommon to see this on CT scans and there is no need to panic.
    Obviously I am very worried now as she is my world . Has anyone on the forum had anything similar to this ? Thanks - John

Hi John,

please do not worry. The adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys and all sorts of common benign cysts can form there. They are not cancer. Doc probably just wants a better look to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapj View Post
    Hi John,

please do not worry. The adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys and all sorts of common benign cysts can form there. They are not cancer. Doc probably just wants a better look to be certain.

Thank you so much for your reply . I am ashamed to say I’ve been worrying so much about her that it’s been selfish of me . Got another scan on 26th so please God all will be ok .

…..her full blood count tests have also come back normal , and there’s no longer any blood in her latest urine sample (the GP sample stick initially showed some blood invisible to the naked eye)…

I am in such a low place right now. And struggling badly. I lie awake at night and feel so much guilt about how I could have been a much better husband to her over the years , and how much I often have taken her for granted. I could not have a better more beautiful wife 😢. She’s just such a gentle, kind and beautiful woman, who has totally supported and loved me unconditionally for 21 years of marriage. Please 🙏 God may she be ok…
    Last edited by Johnny69; 17-03-24 at 12:03.

Thread Information