Thread: Anxiety is off the scale

Anxiety is off the scale

I have been terrified of bowel cancer for over 20 years now and I am experiencing one of my biggest fears atm. I have an anal fissure after having antibiotics which caused me 2 weeks of diahorrea. I have had blood on the tp and in the toilet over the last 4 weeks and terrible pain while having a bowel movement and a burning pain for hours after. I saw my gp 2 weeks ago and he took a very Quick Look and agreed that I have a fissure. I had already seen it myself. He gave me anusol HC which hasn’t really helped although the pain during a bm isn’t as excruciating as it was to begin with.

Last week I was panicking more and called to try to see a gp again but I could only get a phone consultation. He prescribed laxatives and another cream . I asked him if he thought it was serious and he said that he doesn’t. How can he know? This was a different gp from the one one I saw the previous week. Anyway, over the last couple of days I have noticed less blood. I have had 4 bum’s today and the first 3 didn’t produce much blood at all but the last time it was very loose and there was a considerable amount of blood in the toilet and more pain than earlier. I am trying to hold it together but I am really struggling atm. My rational thinking is beginning to fail and I can feel the panic setting in.

Anybody had this happen before?

Re: Anxiety is off the scale

Sorry to be a pain but just hoping for a bit help to think rationally

Hi Rainbow

the first GP agreed that you have a Fissure, which causes bleeding. Unfortunately fissures can reopen after bowel movements and it’s a waiting game for it heal. Give it time

I used to get a lot of rectal bleeding and it was piles.

I really don't think you have cancer based on what you say

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for the replies.

I have been doing pretty well lately mainly down to my 2 years of therapy but this has really challenged my thinking pattern and can feel myself falling back into my old ways.

Thread Information