Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xanax withdrawal?

Re: Xanax withdrawal?

Sorry you're going through this Scissel. I'm still not sure I am to be honest. I don't feel necessarily more anxious than I usually do. I think my heightened symptoms at the start might have been because I stopped Pantoprazole after 9 months. After a week I went to my pharmacist and asked them, and they told me that should be tapered down. And I googled it and it can cause worse anxiety and insomnia as well. So I've gone back on them but tapering them down and I feel a lot better already.
    I haven't felt the need for Xanax at all. I never feel like I'm "craving" them so I don't think I became dependent on them. Although I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to take one once a week just to give my nervous system a break. But reading all the withdrawal stories has scared me out of that. I wouldn't even dare taking them on a weekly basis anymore now

Thank you both ... I'll reply when I am better focused. I really appreciate all that advice and empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I wouldn't even dare taking them on a weekly basis anymore now
    that's good to hear - best not get into a bad cycle with these narcotics if you can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I think I'm doing reasonably okay, but my GP isn't so sure. Time will tell which one of us is right. That's if all the blood tests being ordered don't desiccate me to a dried out husk first! I can see the headstone now, "Here lies Ian, we buried what was left of him in a match box"
    Wishing you well on your blood tests. I hope you're alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel View Post
    I hope you're alright.
    I'll be fine, Sal. My blood platelet count has been low for years almost certainly due to a long standing spleen problem. However, every now and then my GP goes looking for problems and this time it's the platelets so she's referred me to a new haematologist who is starting his investigation from a clean slate. So far I'm prepared to let them amuse themselves even though it is costing me valuable fishing time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information