Thread: Tooth extraction

Tooth extraction

Hello ,yesterday I had 2 teeth out after a week of excruciating pain with infections so gave in, I was absolutely petrified but just couldn't stand the pain no more, the thing that is worrying me now is this dry socket I've been reading about I don't know if anyone has heard of it, its another name for infection in the socket where they removed the teeth, I have had quite a few teeth removed in the past but never been told about this as something that can happen and put on the paper you take home of what to do after, I think we all know you have to keep the socket clean when had a tooth removed but this dry socket thing has really given me bad anxiety and I couldn't question my dentist when he mentioned it because I couldn't speak at the time and just wanted to get out, anyway this probably sounds way too silly I just wondered if anyone has heard of dry socket and what are the chances of getting it,my dentist has never said the name before so I'd never heard of it and also its ment to be more excruciating pain than the original infection before tooth extraction.

Re: Tooth extraction

Yes, I've heard about it jackieann.
    It rarely it happens and it's why dentists say not to smoke for at least a day or suck through a straw with a drink.
    You can eat and drink as normal, although I left it until the evening. I wouldn't go scrubbing with a toothbrush on that area for awhile. Let it heal up with no interference.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about x

Re: Tooth extraction

Thank you carnation for your reply, yes I think I'm doing all the right things never thought i would be worrying about a tooth thanks again xx

Thread Information