Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation- NoMorePanic can help me!

Operation- NoMorePanic can help me!

Hi All!

I’ve needed a squint op for over 10 years! It’s more cosmetic than anything but will be life changing in terms of confidence etc. my eyes have been wonky for around 11 years as I had a squint op when I was younger and they said I may need one as an adult! I’ve kept putting it off but now the NHS are saying that I need to get it done due to funding etc. I have it on 17th April and have been coping awfully! I’ve been sick and worrying so much having tried CBT and mindfulness but nothings worked. It’s such a quick op and I will be in and out of the hospital in one morning! I’ve had a fear of anaesthetic since I was a kid however and I find it hard to even have blood pressure taken let alone an op! This website has got me through so much and I have improved so much because of it! I just want to make this thread as something I can use to keep updates. I want to go into teaching and I know this will make a massive difference. My wife is worried and lost patience to be honest, she doesn’t think I should get it done! But I know how important it is for the sake of one morning!

Re: Operation- NoMorePanic can help me!

Willous, no-one can tell you whether you get this Op done or not (even your wife) it has to be your decision, but you probably know that already. And I'm not sure whether your post is for opinions or just a diary format for something you are about to do. It could be both.
    As for the confidence in two factors here...
    The confidence you need to undergo the Op and the confidence you think you will gain as a result of the Op.
    If you decide to have the Op you basically have to routes, one to just go for it or read up about it from others experiences. Bearing in mind also that there will be a healing process and it not being just a walkout with an immediate change.
    As for the new welcomed confidence post the Op, it may well happen, but you don't necessarily need to go through that to gain confidence. It's part of who you are, you are loved by your wife with or without the squint. We all have defects in one way or another and looking perfect doesn't always make you feel that way inside.
    As for the fear of having it done, well I think if you want it bad enough then you'll just find the courage and go for it.
    Maybe have a chat with the consultant about the ins and outs of the Op, the success rate etc before you plunge in to having the Op, but be 100% about your decision.

I will never be 100% sadly!I want it but I don’t if that makes sense! I am not sure how I’ll cope! The success right is high and it’s a minor op but for me that means nothing. Thank you for your reply! I don’t really know what to think anymore and one GP said go for it another said don’t bother!

I just don’t get why I’m like this

It’s getting so near and I don’t know what to do

Dont worry

If you are not sure then maybe you could postpone until you are sure.
    Be certain of your decision either way.

I don’t think I can do it…I’m certainly not sure!

i had a scan for a lump today and nearly fainted, how am I going to be with what I’ll need to do! I don’t think I’ll cope and it’s cosmetic at the end of the day. My wife loves me and my friends don’t judge! It’s not really massively obvious but is a squint! I am so confused

I think you've really worked yourself up over the whole situation.
    Nothing is set in stone. If you cancel you can always have it done later if you want.
    It's not my position to tell you what your decision should be, I hope you can understand that.

Thank you for your replies. I’ve cancelled before and that’s stressing me out even more I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information