Thread: One sided headaches

One sided headaches

Hello!
    Does anybody get these one sided headaches? I've had them for like 8 months last year, was told by the neurologist that it was migraine, so I stopped worrying. However I didn't have any MRI or CT, just a neurological exam. The pains stopped in December, but came back a week ago. Today I've had it another time :( is it possible that my migraine has just taken a break for like three months?
    Of course my stupid anxiety tries to jump to terrible conclusions.

Re: One sided headaches

Also anxiety can be the cause, but for some reason this sounds like cluster headaches. Were you given medication for the headaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel View Post
    Also anxiety can be the cause, but for some reason this sounds like cluster headaches. Were you given medication for the headaches?
    I don't know about cluster headaches, the neurologist was pretty confident that it were migraines. She didn't refer me for any MRI/CT as I had MRI in 2021 due to unequal pupils. I was given Sumamigren, but was told that I can try with larger doses of ibuprofen/paracetamol when the pain is starting. It seems to work when taken as soon as it begins.

But well, I can't shake off the thought that it cannot be migraine this time, because it hasn't happen for like 3 months lately and now just came back suddenly🤦*♀️ it doesn't matter that I used to have these headaches once a week for 2-3 days for 8 months before and wasn't afraid of them then. I hate my stupid brain.

I hope you fell better soon.

I've had migraines my whole life. Always one sided, that's very typical about migraines. So I would concur that you have migraines

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I've had migraines my whole life. Always one sided, that's very typical about migraines. So I would concur that you have migraines
    Do you sometimes get longer breaks between the attacks? I was alright when I used to get migraines regularly once a week for a long time. I believed that this must have been migraines as it occurred so frequently. Also, the neurologist reassured me. This 3 months break freaks me out, as it seems to me that it can be something different because I was migraine free for couple of months. today I have another headache. The pattern seems to be one headache per week again.

I get migraines usually 2/3 times per week. Sometimes I get them 10 days straight. Sometimes I get 2 weeks in between which is rare.
    There really is no pattern to migraines. Anything and everything can trigger them, and stress for sure is a huge contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I get migraines usually 2/3 times per week. Sometimes I get them 10 days straight. Sometimes I get 2 weeks in between which is rare.
    There really is no pattern to migraines. Anything and everything can trigger them, and stress for sure is a huge contributing factor.
    Thank you for reassurance ❤

Thread Information