Hi everybody,

I'm back. It's been a while since I have been a regular but I might need some support soon. Over the past 6+ years, I had a baby, excelled in my career, got promoted a few times, and it all sounds so good, right? Earlier this year I made the leap and left my full-time gig to develop my own private psychotherapy practice. It's going really well and I am proud of myself. I am doing work that makes me feel good and I feel like I have control over my schedule much more than I used to. So my career is actually going great, which was a big stressor in the past.

My personal life is a mess - mostly my marriage. I did intense EMDR treatment over the past year that forced me to wake up to some bad things that were happening in my marriage. I'll spare all the dirty laundry details but it's been really hard. I have asked my spouse to get therapy for a long time and he never did. He finally went kicking and screaming (not literally but more or less) about a month ago but it might be too little too late sadly. His moods are awful. It's so tense in the house. He takes out his moods on everybody. Yesterday things escalated more. My poor daughter, who is 6, last night said "Daddy why don't you like me?" Because he was being so controlling and rude to her while they were doing an art project. My heart was broken. Last night I kept asking for space and he kept finding ways to suck me back in and it felt very manipulative. Today I'm just feeling hopeless about this getting better. I'm sad and hurt. We've been together 16 years. I feel stupid that I didn't see this sooner. I think I was checked out throughout a lot of the marriage.

I guess I'm just a ball of nerves over how things will be, how tense the home is. He is away for a few days now which is good. I am more convinced though that I need to do something so my daughter isn't constantly in this environment. I worry if we are separated though she will have several days with him without me there and I feel scared about that He would never physically harm her but the moodiness is off the charts. He takes everything personally and takes it out on everybody. Please give me some hope that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I never thought I'd be in this position.

Thank you