Thread: Faster heart beat with walking pneumonia

Faster heart beat with walking pneumonia

My daughter had walking pneumonia from something called Mycoplasma she was sick for three weeks, she got pretty bad and had to have a chest X-ray at hospital. At first they thought it was just tonsillitis so I wasn’t really being as careful when she was coughing as I didn’t think she was contagious. Luckily she’s much better now.

I’ve caught it too but I’ve been lucky as I haven’t had as a bad a fever as she did, a very mild fever barely over normal. The thing I have noticed is my heart rate! Resting I’m usually 60 - 65bpm sometimes 70/75 if I’m more anxious but since I’ve been poorly it’s between 85 - 100 resting and when I was getting up and walking around it was like 110 - 130. I am doing my best not to panic and I’ve done pretty well. The fever and sore muscles have passed but I’ve still got a chest infection, and my heart is still at 100 sometimes even sitting down. My question is, does this happen to everyone? I’m used to it if I have a fever, when I had covid I had a horrible fever and a fast heart rate. But without a fever it feels weird that my hearts beating so fast. I’m hoping this can teach me that a faster heart rate isn’t dangerous as I’ve had a long term fear with my heart and I did let it get a bit out of control.
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?”

Re: Faster heart beat with walking pneumonia

It happened to me and I was diagnosed a few weeks ago.
    Infection can make your pulse faster.
    I’m no doctor, so speak to yours to get some advice & keep resting up to get better.

Oh did you get walking pneumonia too? It seems to be going around at the moment.

I’ll ring my doctor on Monday about it. I just didn’t want to seem like I was being silly by ringing them up about it.

Hope you’re feeling better!

Mine wasn’t walking, I was hospitalised twice for it because I couldn’t get my temperature under control & then it made my asthma worse.

Hope you get on ok tomorrow with your dr.

Thread Information