Hi there -

I’ve struggled with health anxiety for a long time and while I’ve ben worried about a number of things my biggest fear has been BC.

Last month I felt something that I hadn’t felt before but I also don’t do manual checks because I have fibrocystic breasts and will always find something. So to be honest it may have been there for a while and when I had my mammo in November but I don’t know.

I tried to manage my anxiety and not run to the drs but my anxiety has been terrible as I feel like IÂ’m facing my biggest fear. I went to an urgent care yesterday and the dr on call pretty much yelled at me for coming in saying this wasn’t as emergency etc etc

She felt the area I was worried about and did feel the bump (so now I know I’m not making it up) but the only thing she said was “this is moveable” and then she seemed annoyed.

She then told me that as an emergency dr all she can do is send me for an u/s OR I can see my family GP who has all my history and my recent mammogram (which was clear in November). She was not at all sympathetic to my anxiety and the fact I was quite emotional. I said I’ll see my Dr and she said good idea and that was it. It was a huge reminder to not see urgent care drs for me.

So obviously I would like her to have said that it was fine or that she couldn’t feel it, but now I know that my GP is probably going to send me for an U/S and that will be more waiting. I feel like a zombie. I’m crying all the time and so not engaged with life. I can’t sleep and I’m actually thinking I may not be able to work as I feel so terrible.

I hate this so much. I am speaking to a couple of OCD therapists this week as clearly I need some help.

How do you manage your HA when symptoms present that are not anxiety?