Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel Cancer fear

Bowel Cancer fear

Hi, back again after a couple of good months, just looking to see if anyone else has had these symptoms.
    I have been having diarrhoea now on and off for two weeks although it’s been every morning for the last four days, normally just the once then no movement all day, it started with a meal out and a sudden urge to go shortly after eating large meal. This in its self caused my anxiety to rocket and when this happens I can’t eat so I have been eating very little just a small evening meal. Prior to this I have had the odd bouts may once a fortnight but put it down to what I was eating.
    This last week my stomach has been making so many weird noises especially after eating and before I go. I remember getting these noises add odd diarrhoea shortly after starting propranolol back in November but then didn’t have issues again until recently!
    Could it be the propranolol causing this or something worse! I am currently on holiday with my parents and children but I feel I’m ruining it as my anxiety is sky high! I will be ringing the doctors on Monday but any advice would really help

Re: Bowel Cancer fear

So I went to doctors today as the above is still going on not every day now but most mornings she thinks possibly food poisoning but who knows have to send a sample! She also took my BP why was stupid high same as last time I went to the doctors but was having major anxiety! Totally in a mess now

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time.

It sometimes takes a while for things to settle after a bug or food poisoning.

On BP I empathize as in middle of my own drama there. Mine was VERY high. I can't say the numbers high! Am now on 2 pills but still send it sky high with worry and panic as am having to have it checked lots to see how the meds are going. Negative Nelly that I am I have all the what ifs. It's totally working against me at the moment. Its a v tricky one for us anxious types I think because we tend to want absolutes and BP moves about constantly. It is also so easily affected by how we feel and it can just be a quite unpleasant experience.

Rational me can say what my Dad said to me though. It's very treatable. Yes, you have to take meds but many do. I cannot always believe that at the 'feeling' level, but I know deep down that's true. Am trying to use it as a learning moment and hope one day whacking on a BP cuff will hold no fear for me.

Be kind to yourself. Check in to see if other stressors have taken you into this catastrophizjng space again and see if there is anything you can do to help that maybe?

Thank you for the reply much appreciated, yep my BP was super high funny enough it was the same reading as last time I went, had to home monitor and although it was still high was a lot lower than there and a few times when really relaxed it was in normal range, they want me to retake at home but I’m still super anxious and worked up at my other issue I know it will still be high!

Ps hope your ok and get settled soon

Can anyone help, totally freaking out, had to do my sample and was a mix of water and soft stools, there was little flex of red in it and I’m freaking out, being a HA sufferer I did the normal and started to inspect with cotton buds, the red bits looked like I can only describe as bits or skin, it’s nothin I have eaten as I haven’t eaten much at all in the last few days, no tomatoes or anything, not sure they are even testing stools for blood just bacteria etc! I’m so scared and am convinced it’s bowel cancer especially as I have the runs for over two weeks now! I can’t eat or sleep! And my belly is make horrendous noises

Have you had any antibiotics prior to this? Have you had any mild stomach pain or bloating? C.diff can give you regular stomach upset until it's treated.

Regarding your diet. If you're anxiety is not making you hungry and all you eat is an evening meal then you are essentially fasting and what can happen is when you break the fast, unless you choose your food properly, your meal can literally go out as quick as it went in, it used to happen to me with intermittent fasting. Plus your anxiety will probably be higher around meal times in case you get a dodgy stomach.

One thing to try is to only eat something small and non fatty when breaking a fast then eat more a little later but try and not have high fat food (especially junk food) as you'll be on the loo in minutes!

Try and increase your fibre, you could kick start it with some psyllium husk for several days or so.
    Last edited by Frosteh; 19-04-24 at 14:54.

Thank you for the reply, no anti biotic and just had a test come back negative for c diff awaiting the other ones still. That makes sense re the eating I am really trying to calm down and eat again and hopefully will see a difference. My mind just always points to the worse! Thank you for your advice really appreciate it

And no pain really maybe a bit of bloating

The noises and gas have got so much worse I admit I’m still not eating but it’s so hard when all this is going on, it’s not like normal hunger rumbles I just know this is something bad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information