Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster and would love some words of wisdom/comfort from people who understand.

My BP has been bit high for a time read at Drs surgery. I had issues reading at home as I am large (though on a weight loss journey) and carry weight on limbs so getting right cuff to fit was difficult. Tho am down to a UK size 20/22 I am still an outlier in the arm department.

I am on a health kick and got BP read at Drs. Was high at first (didn't tell me the numbers but I think flippin high) but came down during the appointment to 160/100 high but not alarming ans told to monitor at home for a week.

That gets me into difficult territory because a)the arm thing and b) its practically a phobia and in my case worse at home I would say as I feel at sea with it and no idea what to so if its high.

Still I tried and got some scary numbers. Rang Dr who said prob poorly fitting cuff lets do 24hr ambulatory. Tried but cuff too tight. In end after a stressful say of it being sent around pharmacies because noone understood the problem re arm size they fitted me in at the surgery and did an old fashioned manual reading and it was 220/100 straight on a pill that night.

It's been a week and I now have to start monitoring to see how the pill is working and as anxious peeson all the what ifs are there. I decided to go to the surgery this evening for the first reading rather than getting in a tizz at home ans going to take my monitor in as I worry about fit and placement etc. Even then am scared about having to monitor after that appt and scared it will still be high in first place.

I wish I could just drift thru but its not my nature and recently atress had made me resilience less. Guess would just like some encouraging or good news stories. It's been a hard week as anxious avoidant me has felt every bodily sensation and been afraid to do much.