Thread: Kidney stones any help welcome

Kidney stones any help welcome

So for the past 9 days I've been hosp twice then the 3rd time kept me over night as I had blood and pressure pain when I wee, also pain around left kidney going into groin I caught an infection so was treated for that they sent me home and referred me for a kidney scan to check for kidney stones , I've not had the appt yet but this pain is on another level 😭 it comes in waves, ive not got blood in wee or pain going to the toilet now but the pain around left kidney going to groin is horrible I've drank loads of lemon water and water nothing seems to be shifting them any help please 😭

Re: Kidney stones any help welcome

Sorry you are sufferring like this. Not had this, but know the reputation of kidney stones to cause awful pain.

What advice were you given? Is there something specific that is worrying you?

Drink loads of water 😫 I've had a fone call today got a scan on Sunday so not long but I worry over everything especially the but C word that scares me so much

It is never cancer until they say it is.

I have had kidney stones and they hurt.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Nattynoonoo1990xx View Post
    Drink loads of water 😫 I've had a fone call today got a scan on Sunday so not long but I worry over everything especially the but C word that scares me so much
    Good news re the scan. Anyone with health anxiety will understand the catastrophic thoughts but they are just that. I know of 2 very elderly people who were investigated for possible kidney cancers abd there are 2 important things for you to remember 1) the symptoms were not as dramatic as you are experiencing (much more akin to kidney stones) 2) neither of them had cancer. I am talking people in their 80s and 90s.

Thread Information