Thread: hot flash,faint feeling

hot flash,faint feeling

today when i was at work- the first hour or so i always feel sick...today was the worst....i felt hot all over and really really felt like i was gonna faint!!!!
    i was in airconditioning, so i dont know what i felt so hot...i was like this for about half hour...then i tried to ignore it, and within a little while i was back to normal...but scared me so much!
    is this an anxiety symptom? ive never had it before.....was awful....i freaked thinking i would have to go to hospital...

but i was fine and was able to finish the last 3 hours of work without it happening again.....maybe today was just a real bad day? i hope so...

Re: hot flash,faint feeling

hi peach yeah this is an anxiety symptom i get it every now and again.once you know what it is it will soon settle down again

Hi Peach,

Funnily enough, we were talking about this very subject in chat recently. Anxiety/panic can effect us all in different ways and yes this can be a symptom and what i can gather through talking to people about it, more than likely always triggers a panic attack. If it happens again, try running cold water onto one of your pulse points eg: wrist as this is a very quick way of cooling down!

Good luck hun

Love Lisa
    xxx

hi,

thanks so much for your replys...its helped greatly..

its summer over here- very hot and muggy so it makes the 'hot flush' part all the more worse...bottleblonde, i will definatly do that water tip!!!!!
    of all my anx symptoms, this one has been the worst!!! since ive realised i control panic attacks, ive managed to hold them off for the last 2 yrs, its just the anxiety now to deal with....

thnx ceecee.....ill just work through it...wish it didnt hang around longer then my other symptoms...the lightheadedness is gone as soon as it comes on....soon as this new symptoms happened yesterday, i was freaking out thinking, oh god, theres something wrong with me after all...i need to get to the docs......glad it went and i could finish work....

everytime i go to the doc, she says, if it was illness it would not go away...it would stay with you all the time......

Hi, I have gotten that in the past also. All of sudden, for no apparent reason that I'm aware of, I just feel hot and sweaty, shaky, lightheaded and once it passes, it doesn't happen again in the same day. Very strange. I have to say that I'm glad you mentioned that your doc said if it was illness, it wouldn't come and go, it would stay. I'm going to hang onto that and see if that might help me during a difficult time. Thank you.

Sounds like a panic attack to me. I've read somewhere that blushing is part of the famous "fight or flight" response (on a subdued level) which is, basically what causes panic attacks. So if you are having a full panic attack it's quite natural for you to feel hot all over... and of course, if you feel overwhelmed, you feel faint, right? ^___^

I understand the comments you all make. I go red and cant breathe and have the fan on my desk even in the winter as being cool makes me calm down -weird!! Wenjoy xx

I have tips here for you.

*Dress in layers, so you can peel off one layer after another as you get warmer.

*Don't wear wool, don't wear synthetics, and be wary of silk. That leaves cotton, linen, rayon, and more cotton. (Look at the bright side: You'll save on cleaning bills, and you can stop worrying about moths.)

*Avoid turtlenecks. Stick to open-neck shirts.
    Keep ice water at hand that you can sip to cool down your insides.

*Where possible, lower the thermostat. Maybe it's time for a decent air conditioner or a ceiling fan. Or maybe you'd prefer one of those little hand-held battery-operated fans or the foldable kind you flutter in front of your face. You can find perfectly adequate paper fans for about a dollar.

*Wear cotton pajamas or a nightgown. If you perspire a lot at night, your nightclothes are easier to change than the sheets.

I just had an episode of this today.

Was in the car and my face went numb and started to flush and felt disorientated for about 10 - 30 seconds and sounds felt all funny..thought I would pass out. I was fine when I left and remember my chest pain and zip this anxiety came on like a blanket.

this is anxiety at it's worst when it starts striking me down when I'm out.

Thread Information