Thread: I Made it

I Made it

Well I just wanted to give you all an update on how things are going, I have been in my new job now for 10 weeks and I have to say it has been so very busy. I am now driving every were on my own and with other people (driving was my biggest fear) I sit in on huge meetings and have to give talks to the board of directors; I have to say with very little anxiety. I make decisions that could make or break the company but I LOVE IT. I do have lots of stress, and worry but its all good LOL

Last week I got my new company car (ford Zetec) and it is great, there are days when I still have a small amount of anxiety and still feel like S**T but I push on through and make it to the other side.

I go shopping on my own in town all around the big shops; go out to lunch with my bosses and again with very little anxiety. When I do start to feel the anxiety coming on I just relax breath and carry on I never dwell in the moment but just push past it, it is hard but worth it in the end.

Also my husband got a job so the money worries are all but gone; he is now an IT Manager for a company in Poole so fingers crossed we will now be able to go away for that long awaited holiday.

Life is good, always remember that there is a life to lead even with anxiety, I have come such a long way since the days of anxiety and agoraphobia and worrying that I was going to die all the time.

If I could give any advice it would be “let time pass, ride along with anxiety let it do its worst and believe that you will get well” I am living proof that this can and does happen.

Love & Light to you all

Sam xx

Re: I Made it

What a lovely post Sam ,

I am so pleased for you , because you have come such a long way and now are living life to the full, WELL DONE.

can i ask how long did you have the anxiety and agrophobia ?

Hi hun

I had anxiety for 10 years and was house bound with agoraphobia for 2 years; it was the darkest time of my life. I tried every medication and natural remedy under the sun. I saw a whole list of medical personnel, and spent thousands of pounds on finding a cure and in the end I just got up brushed myself of and just did what I had to do to get better.

It is so hard at times but I just kept going, I was just sat here thinking, I was at the petrol station the other day (had a few glasses of wine the night before) and all of a sudden I started to get very dizzy (another one of my fears) and thought OH MY GOD I have to get out of here in the car drive home and hide. Then I just started to laugh what really was the worst that could happen, I could faint, I could be sick, have a huge panic attack all of that is ok, for the first time I was ok with what could happen and guess what nothing happened I just felt a bit pants for a while.

We can all make this journey and live to tell the story, never give up Mirry it will be so worth it in the end.

Sam

Hi Sam,

It is so nice to read a story about how far someone has come from the very worst to back to their very best. Your future looks very bright and the best thing is that you can look panic and anxiety in the face and laugh at it, you my dear have won!

Hugs,

Laura

Aww Sam

How lovely to read of your successes, im real pleased for you hun.

I suffered for 12 years with Agorophobia but have made a good recovery over the last year. Its really hard to imagine we could ever get better when we where going through the dark days. It so nice to be able to show others that there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Good luck to you hun for the future

love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Sam, well done,xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Thread Information