Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the dreaded churning tight stomache

the dreaded churning tight stomache

hi all

please tell me someone out there has this i am sooooo sick of it now its with me all day everyday and it is scaring me now because i feel it will never leave me it also makes eating quite difficult ann i worry i will end up with an ulcer or something

sammie

Re: the dreaded churning tight stomache

Hi
    i also get that dreaded churning feeling from the minute i wake up along with flashes of nerves that makes me go to the toilet, sheree

hi sheree

we are a right pair lets hope all this passes soon as i sometimes fear for my sanity

sammie

Hi sammie, same here
    i think the docs are sick of me now, the receptionists know my name off by heart. I hate it.

Hi Sammie and Sherdac

I too get this from the moment i open my eyes in the morning(thats when i manage to get to sleep in the first place!)..

I cant relax, sit still or lie down, find it so hard to eat, agitated,panicked,etc...and might as well live in the loo!

I have started taking meds again 2 weeks ago and it has eased tho...but its just so awful, you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon

All the best

Carmel

Me too !!!! Can't bear to be left out!!!!

Seriuosly though, from the minute I open my eyes the stomach churns and churns. I also dry heave as if I am going to be sick - as well as diorreah soon as I wake. Lovely eh??

Hi i am also the same, it is diarrhoea i get and i also get the dry heave.

hello,

It sounds like everybody has got similar symptoms of the constant churning stomach and discomfort. Could it all be caused by the anxiety??
    I have tried to keep a diary of what I eat but I can not find one particular thing that aggravates it constantly. Something might one day and might not the next, it is extremely frustrating. Even when I feel relatively good i.e stomach OK and not overly anxious, after a meal I can feel awful again. The most frustrating thing is not being sure how my stomach will feel from one moment to the next.
    I have had a lot of tests on my stomach and nothing has been found, so the gastroenterlogist diagnosed me with having IBS. This doesn't help because the dr's don't know anything about it!
    Has anyone had any success in reducing the discomfort? I am on a low dose of amitriptyline and that has not really helped with the stomach but has reduced the anxiety slightly. I have cut dairy almost completely out of my diet and that has helped reduce bloating after meals.
    I sometimes think it will never go away, but hope remains. The answer is out there somewhere!!
    I hope!!

Hi All,

I have this too but have found ways to reduce the bloating, tight and churning feelings you get. Firstly exiety triggers the IBS in most people and I've found this is something I'm going to have to live with.
    Dairy for me is no problem, although for months I thought it was.
    I would try eating whole, solid food, your meat and two veg. Eat abosolutely no sauces and especially foods that contain additives and preservatives, these are bad for anyones digestive system and should be avioded. Same for processed foods like Sausage rolls in packs as these contain badfats, sugars and again the nasty additives and preservatives. (E Numbers).

if you eat a good, solid, diet for a number of months I think your bloating will be reduced. No guarantees but It worked for me.

Trouble is when the churning a bloating dissapear I become weak and eat bad things which start the whole process again.

Give it a try.

PS. Also Caffeine is a real stomach irritant, I've cut both Tea and Coffee out and replaced with water, herbal tea and milk.

Good luck

Hi Sammie

What you are describing is anxiety associated with depression. It's a very common symtom with depression and it will go away eventually - thinking it will not go away is scarry, I know, but we think like that when depressed. How quickly it will go away depends on if you get medication or not, but depressions (speaking from personal experience), usualy lift once you get used to the feeling and stop fearing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information