Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food intolerances

Hi Sadie

I constantly have candida infections and i know it's down to eating too much wheat, dairy products and sugar. Also have polycystic ovary syndrome so i guess that's probably related to the candida.

I eat pitta bread instead of normal white/brown bread and find it suits me (it's delicious served warm with houmous). Soya milk (especially the so good choc flavour) is delicious Porridge is nice with sultanas sprinkled over to give sweetness, and oat cakes make a nice snack with either peanut butter or fruit spread on.

You can't go wrong with eating lots of salad and i find eating chickpeas help fill me up instead of eating bread.

KW

'Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire'
    - JEAN DE LA FONTAINE

Nicola - I too love bread and dairy products and that is why I think it would be quite difficult to begin with.... I have tried goats milk which was fine and I found a nice bread today in M&S which was rye bread with linseed etc which was lovely toasted. I have also just found out I have a post nasal drip which can be caused by wheat intolerances etc so I think I should give this wheat free diet a go. I will give the wheat free muesli a go...whats the best one to try?

KW - I have tried chickpeas and I just dont like them, unless they are in soup. I have tried Hoummous and struggled a bit with that too. My problem is I like everything thats not thst good for you...bread, chocolate...

Jo-Jo - I have read about that supplement you are talking about but I havent been to H&B yet. Have you taken it before? As for oatcakes, I love them and eat them every night before going to bed.

Thanks for the handy hints and keep them coming if youc an think of anything else.

sadie

Sadie

I tried the wheat free bread and it was horrid - like eating cardboard! Not tried the M&S one though.

As for the Museli - sorry but I can't remember what brand but it was lovely - full of fruit and seeds. They don't usually put it with the other cereals it is usually in a special aisle with all the gluten/wheat free products so try there. I wanted to carry on with it after I put wheat back in the diet but I need to find it again in every different shop I go to. Asda don't seem to do one. I got mine from Tesco's.

Try this site ... http://www.wheat-free.org/

Hope you get some more tips soon.

Nicola

Hi Sadie,
    my candida was diagnosed by the kinesiologist. He rated it at about 20, which is apparently quite high. He told me that alot of people are diagnosed by their doctor as having M.E as the symptoms are very similar. I was just advised to stay away from wheat, yeast and all types of sugar especially refined sugar, oh and also fruit! It was a very hard diet to stick too but the thought of having candida was enough to make me do it. He also gave me a few sessions where I would spend an hour in his surgery and he would switch this machine on which kinda looked like a plasma ball, sorry can't remember it's proper name, and this would emit rays that zapped the bacteria. I took acidophillius capsules twice a day too.
    I am quite sceptical about alternative therepies and would have probably thought "yeah right" if anyone had told me this, but I truely had faith in what he told me and felt heaps better for it.
    Hope this helps, KT

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Hi Sadie

There ia german brand bread that is available in most supermarkets and it's wheat free. It's quite nice toasted with a topping.

KW

'Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire'
    - JEAN DE LA FONTAINE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information