Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where are your chest pains?

where are your chest pains?

I was wondering where people get chest pains? I mean is it in the middle? Left or right part of the chest? I think the chest pains are the worst part and cause me to worry the most? My chest pains kinda float all over but are usually on the left side(around the heart which causes me to panic)Anyways, just wondering about other people's expieriences?

Hi JR

Mine were around the heart area too and I like you thought it was my heart that was giving up! I think this could be because the heart is basically just another muscle so it gets stressed too!

Exercise definitely will help.

here is some info from my site ....

One of the most worrying symptoms is chest pains or a tight feeling in your chest. The immediate thought is "heart attack" or "stroke" and this only worries you more. You may also notice that your heartbeat is incredibly fast and again this leads to the worry that you will have a heart attack. There is no evidence that Panic and anxiety has any adverse effect on the heart and the pains are easily explained. When you start panicking the whole of you body becomes tense and your muscles tense up also. This is also true of the heart as after all it is just another (albeit very important) muscle.

The chest pains are due to the constricting of the heart muscles and apparently the best cure is to start exercising and stretching these muscles to relieve the pain. Although you may not feel like doing any exercise whilst getting these pains, try stretching your arms above and behind your head and bending over gently to relieve the pain. If you are worried that it may be a heart problem, then make an appointment to see your G.P. who will be able to rule out any heart problems.

If your G.P. has given you the all clear then do not be alarmed if the chest pains come back and last for more than a day and you think it is related to panic, although it is painful and worrying, the pains will go away if you try gentle exercise and not think about them.

Nicola

Thanks, makes me feel better. The chest pains are one of the only symptoms that actually scare me. I hope that doing some excersise will help. Thanks for the reply

No probs JR - see if it helps you next time you get them :-)

Nicola

hya jr,
    the chest pains you mention,are really just twinges,caused by stress,anxiety,indigestion,the list goes on...if the twinge was elsewhere on the body,you wouldnt give it a second thought,and just to let you know,your heart is not in that area your worrying about...but if its affecting your well being,then by all means ask your gp to refer you for an ecg.
    best wishes...bryan

KEEP YOUR FACE TO THE SUNSHINE,AND YOU WILL NOT SEE THE SHADOWS.

I have had quite a few ecg's, I'm just in that stage where you still want answers. I used to hope the Doc would find something, but it always comes back clear. I'm the type of person who has a hard time accepting that such pains can be brought on my anxiety. I'm learning to overcome it mentally, but it takes alot of patience and time. I'm sure you all know what i'm talking about. thanks for the reply and thanks too everybody for the help they have given me. This board is great because the people on it are great!!!!

JR,

I'm the same i'm still trying to find a 'medical' reason for my anxiety. I was praying it was my thyoid but it wasn't (I know that is daft but I was!) Then i thought it could be my hormones.

Everyone has always told me I am a strong person but feel particularly weak. i think the sooner i learn to accept this is in my head the better

Lucky

Hya
    Just lookin for some advice! sorry if I sound dumb!!!

The pains I get are all on my left side, they usually only last for a few minutes, but have been known to last longer - sometimes 20-30 mins. They are either around my heart, but mainly directly under my left breast, not knowing the human body very well I am unsure where the chest starts and ends, and was wondering if anyone knows whether my pains are actually chest pains or something else! I do get these pains even when Im not having a panic attack.

I have had ECG's and tests - all with clear results.

Thank you
    Michelle

I got pains like this a few years ago and duly took myself down to casualty

After an ECG they said there was nothing wrong and in the end they explained to me that I had just pulled a muscle in my chest or my muscles were tight which was causing the pain. After I was convinced that I wasn't dying the pains miraculously disappeared

hi everyone, i have suffered panic attacks for 3 years now and its the chest pains, heart shakes and funny feelings in my throat that scare me the most. I truly believe that my heart will stop at any time or i will die of a heart attack. I too have now had 3 ECG's which have been all clear but yet i still find it hard to believe that the next time my heart will give up. Does anyone else have funny feelings in their throats which feel feel like tickling sensations but yet you feel it comes from your heart area?

LMCN

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information