Thread: pain in bottom of ribs

pain in bottom of ribs

Hiya, ive been having some pain in the bottom of my ribs on the right side, its not there all the time it comes and goes. Its painful to touch kinda feels like a bruise does when you press on it! Ive also been suffering from nausea and abdominal bloating recently.Anyone have any ideas what it could be? So far ive resisted googling but I can feel myself wanting to please help!!! thanks tracey x

Re: pain in bottom of ribs

Hi Tracey,

Did you read the post at the bottom of this page??? Not sure if they will help you but don't google please, you will gets make yourself upset.

Take Care
    Tina

hi there, i have had a pain for 2 weeks below my right rib and into my waist, i went to the docs thinking i had a water infection, he has told me it isnt and is sending me for a scan on my gall bladder. im not saying this is anything to do with your gall bladder but it could be possible, or maybe you have pulled a muscle in some way. try and take a few pain killers and see how you go. try not to google. I know i did it this week as i am so fed up with the pain i am feeling and i have had everything from kidney stomes to appendicitis.

if you want to pm me at any time and we will comnpare pains feel free as i said mine has been with me for 2 weeks now on and off

take care

ruth

Hi, I just posted this on another rib thread, it could be to do with your bowels, I have IBS and get a lot of pain in my ribs. That could explain the nausea and bloating?

I did have one "uncomfortableness" at the bottom of my right ribs, which also felt tender to touch, that turned out to be IBS too. I was worried about it but now it comes and goes and doesnt bother me.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hiya, thank you so much for your replies i really appreaciate them, Im actually waiting for an appointment to come through for an ultrasound scan because I went to my docs 2 weeks ago bcause Ive been having weird kinda pressure feelings on my right side about belly button height, not painful kinda feels like it does when your jeans feel abit tight and dig in you a bit if you know what I mean! My doc did mention gallbladder to me so said its best I go for a scan to see whats happening. I have to confess I did google and came up with IBS at the best and ovarian cancer at the worst! I think one of my new years resolutions will be I must not google! Thanks again for your advice love Tracey x

Hi

See my last post. I had this exact symptom. I still get small but sharp muscular shooting pains in my ribs and the Abdominal bloating makes me feel as if my stomache is pushing up hard on my ribs.

When I get a shooting pain in my rib cage. I seem to automatically start the shallow breathing trick so my subconcious can tune in to my chest area. This causes more shooting pains and extra tightness in the chest area...then the disiness starts and then I usually feel muscular shooting pain in either leg or arm which I have put down to tensing my whole body in a last ditch attempt to listen to my bodies aches and pains. This is where I am now. Tense chested and dizzy. What caused this?....All I can think is a couple of twinges in my left side of my ribcage.

Don't worry. Check for abdominal breathing and other anx symptoms and start relaxing your chest to allow the muscles to repair themselves.

Mee.

Thread Information