Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My biggest challenge yet !!!!!!!!!!

My biggest challenge yet !!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

For those who know me, you know that Bert works away from home for two weeks at a time. You also know that we have a son, Josh.

Ok, here goes :
    At the present time I am home alone until the 5th of Jan. Bert is at work, and Josh has gone on a ski trip with his's church. Josh left this morning and will not be back until the evening of the 5th. Bert won't be home until the 11th.

So that leaves me and my cat an my son's turtle. I haven't been home alone for more than a day since I got sick last year. I am looking forward to this challenge. Yes, I am alittle scared, but I am telling myself : I can do this. I don't have to leave the house, unless I want to. I have things to do to keep me busy, and there is always housework. Oh, I forgot to mention that I quit smoking 3 weeks ago, go thing, I would be smoking around the clock here. But have noticed that candy canes, just aren't the same as cigs.

So anyways that is my story, wish me luck.
    Take Care
    Last edited by Believe; 02-01-08 at 18:59. Reason: left out

Re: My biggest challenge yet !!!!!!!!!!

Good on you Believe.
    Your positive outlook will see you through and you will be fine. Well done for packing in the ciggies. I've only lasted a day and bought some this morning.
    Its funny that I lived on my own for 10 years and loved every minute of it, at the moment though my heart sinks everytime my husband goes out. I hate being on my own and just end up getting more and more anxious instead of just flopping down infront of the telly and relaxing like i used to.
    Stay positive and good luck!
    Donna

Good luck Tina!

I'm sure you're going to be ok at this - I don't know what the time difference is between here and where you are in the States, but I'm sure there will be someone online here when the rest of us are in bed and you're in daylight lol!

I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping soundly at the moment so - if I find I'm awake with no chance of getting back to sleep during the wee small hours, I'll log on and see if you're around!!

Huge 'well done' for giving up smoking - I know how hard that can be even though I dont smoke myself.....well only when I'm mad and then it comes outta my ears !!

Anyway, all the best to you

Hi Believe, well done for giving up the cigs, I bet you feel better for that. Befor you know it your son will be home and you'll be able to look back and see how strong you are ! Come back tomorrow and tell us how you're geting on. Take care of yourself, Sagey.

Doglover, Groovygranny, and Sagey, Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.

Ok I made it through the day yesterday, by staying busy. All went well during the day. However once night came, I took my bath, soaked in the tub for awhile, got out and into bed only to discover there wasn't anything on tv to watch. Oh no, once I lay down in front of the tv I am out like a light. So there I laided and tossed and turned, finally fell asleep around 11ish. Mind you my cat wasn't helping matters, for some reason last night he decides to jump at very little noise that he heard. Then this morning he wakes me up and wants feed, oh boy the nerve of him .

So thats my day, day 1 over and onto day 2. Lets see what happens today.

Take Care
    Tina

Hang in there Tina

Luv Kaz x x x

Hi Tina,

It sounds like you're coping really well as you've had some unexpected issues to deal with such as nothing being on TV. You've also recognised that things went well during the day which is great news. I'm sure you're going to be fine with such a positive attitude but remember we are all here if you need.

Take care,

Mike

Thanks Kazzie, And Nibbles,

Yes, I am going well. Will post tomorrow again.

Thanks again.

Tina,

You can do this mate enjoy the time and pamper yourself, and do all those things you just never seem to find the time to do, long soaks in the bath, reading a good book, watching those dvd's everyone else in the house complains about everytime you suggest them lol, and of course you can always pop on msn for a chat if you need too.

Love
    Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Tina

Well done hun for coping so well! and im double proud of you for stopping smoking too

A Big challenge for you hun but one that you are beating !

WELL DONE !!

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information