Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some reasurance...

need some reasurance...

hi,anyone ever had this? it started last night,it was like `something gives me the creeps" but in my legs lol i would have this cooling feeling or maybe slightly burning in some parts of my legs. and the "creeps"were going upwards.since than my legs feel achey,more in the back,and i think it`s kind of a dull ache but i can`t really describe it,or actually anything ...have anyone felt anything similar? it drives me nuts..

i dont know whether its similar mila, but when i have the starts of a panic attack coming on, it feels like my skin has heightened sensation, which after a while is quite painful and then im left with a dull ache afterwards. It is quite wierd but i dont have a clue how to shift it, i just ride it out

Hi mila,

Yes that is normal. I get it in my arms. It is just a symptom of anxiety and nothing to worry about. When I first felt it I thought it was the sign of a breakdown as I had felt that way when I had my breakdown at Christmas. I now know it isn't a sign of a breakdown at all, just rubbish anxiety.

When it comes again mila don't be afraid, it can't hurt you and you will eventually be able to beat it.

Regards,

Blue
    --
    Japanese Proverb:
    Fall seven times; stand up eight.

Hi Mila

Yes I have had this sensation and it spread to the whole of my body, just Mr Panic rearing his head in another ugly way, it will go with time, try not to worry.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Mila

You are not alone in feeling it is another symptom of anxiety.

Hope you are feeling less anxious today.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Mila
    Welcome to the site. As you can see by the replies you are not alone in this. Although very annoying when it happens. I'm sure you will find plenty of help and support on here.
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

I get this as well - just another unwanted symptom..

I get the heightened sensation thing too

Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

hello,everyone,thank you so much for your replies. it`s been 2 days now and they still ache and i think i feel tingling moving around my lower legs and in my feet...it`s horrible. does anyone know what do muscle cramps feel like,but mild ones, can muscle aches feel dull ...i`m not used to living in the uk yet and it`s difficult when i know if i go to the doc tomorrow it`s gonna be so hard to make him do more than a talk and check me up . i`ve been before couple of times and the last time i tried to explain i am not feeling very well emotionally and that i have real bad anxiety which leads to panic when i get something like this that freaks me out and gives my imagination a go...and i get real bad depression than. he didn`t think i am too bad! what the hell is that? i`ve been truly SUFFERING with this for years and i know when it`s getting really bad and that is now and i know i am slipping deeper and deeper and there is no way i can help myself. so i don`t know what to do. i couldn`t sleep last night .i was just lying in bad thinking what the hell is going on with my legs, can`t get fear of a cloth out of my mind...or something as horrible as that. i fell asleep and woke up again shaking and shaking inside...awfull...and my legs felt just restless or something like that...like i don`t know how should i position them. and after that i had vivid dreams all night of finding this site where there were lots of ppl with leg problems and they were comforting me...and that`s just crazy...

Hi Mila and welcome aboard.

I would go to the doc and ask him that you want a thorough check up and mention these pains to him. It will make you feel much better if they look at it and reassure you that it is not a clot or anything.

Hope you stick around here too and we will see what we can do to help.

Read the First Steps post on the website as that has some excellent tips that you can try.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information