Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completely freaking

Completely freaking

I am so panicking right now. I keep taking my blood pressure and it keeps rising. I am so freaked out!!!! I took an ativan hoping that will help but I have no idea!
    I HATE THIS!
    Does anyone elses BP rise when they panic?

Re: Completely freaking

Yes it can do and the more you take it and the more you worry the higher it will get!!

What are the readings?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

stop taking the readings, do yourself a favour, go and soak in a bubbly bath ansd stop focusing on your BP.... its bound to rise with you watching it every few mins.

Hope Your Feeling Better Now Hon It Will Go, Do As Said Before Have A Nice Hot Bath ,deep Breath In To Tummy And Have A Good Look Around This Site Keeps Your Mind Busy. I No How U Feel Had A Really Bad Few Days But Came To A Head Today Got It Out My System And Feeling A Lot Better Now,
    Be Strong, Tell It 2 Bugger Off, Been There, Had It, Worn The T-shirt And Your Boring Me Now, Lol
    I Do That When I Comes On And It Works (sometimes) I Just Get Angry With It,(its, What I Call It, Like Some Think Outside My Body Trying To Get In) And Tell It To Go Away Its Not Wanted Any More.
    Be Strong And Strengh Will Grow

Sandy

Yes, your bp does shoot up if you panic. I went through this last year, and I stopped checking my bp for ages, because I panicked every time. Stop taking your bp and go for a walk, or meditate, listen to some music, read a book, do a jigsaw, anything so you don't think about it.

Thanks
    I was getting readings of 130/85 and I have been on BP meds and the usual numbers are 105/65 or so so I was really freaking out.
    I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes and that helped alittle bit.
    What are other peoples readings when they panic?

Not sure but it feels sky high. Try not worry. x

That reading is perfectly normal - I know cos I am meds for high blood pressure too.

Please stop checking it all the time - you are fine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ya 130/85 aint nothin too big. I guess you can worry when you get to where my mom was before her heart surgery. She went to the ER once and her Blood Pressure was 220/125!! now thats what i call some sky high BP. No kidding, the nurse asked her how she was still breathing with BP like that.

Alison 130/85 is fine, that's my normal BP, 120/80 is optimal and above 140/90 is considered mild hypertension.

Then there is different levels for moderate and severe hypertension.

Now what people must understand is, that BP will rise when we are stressed, anxious or doing physically demanding tasks, and that our bodies are designed to cope with these rises.

Doctors only are concerned with a beings BP being over 140/90 when at total rest for long periods.

That said, do not freak out if you have high BP, it takes many many years for it to damage the body, and nowadays it is easily controlled with simple meds.

For the record, I have seen 186/100 during a panic attack, so top that .

It amazes me though, that I actually have the time to even think about taking my BP during a Panic spell.

TC

Jaco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information