Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about neurological problems and stroke.

Worried about neurological problems and stroke.

Hi

Ive been suffering for around 5 months and have bben told by my GP that its anxiety however i cant help but think the worse as i dont think in stressed or anxious except when the symptoms occur.

Ive had so many symptoms but all along have had the following on and off.

I feel the floor move and feel real giddy then my eyes go very dark and i think one of my pupils looks bigger than the other (this may be normal?) my skin goes very cold and dry and mouth dry.

My muscles seem to spasm in legs arms and jaw. and vision gets distorted

can anyone reasure me or advise me as ive had a real bad day and need reassurance and support which has always helped from this great site.

Im really worried i may have a neurological problem as i have so many symptoms which dont add up to me!

The only thing i would ask is if i had a neurological problem would i feel ok under the influence of alcohol or would i still be ill? i ask as when i drink or take diazapam i feel ok that is until the next day after a heavy drink when i always have a really bad day of axious feelings and dizzy / vision problems.

Your thoughts please

Re: Worried about neurological problems and stroke.

Hi Jon, I certainly dont think your symptoms would dissapear when you drink alcohol, if it was a neurological problem it would'nt go away! I felt the same as you last yr and was convinced i was having a stroke or had ms, my vision was constantly blurry, i'd feel dizzy, muscle jerks and i would look at my pupils for ages in the mirror feeling sure one is dilating and the other one isnt, I know how hard it is to believe your gp when they say its due to anxiety, but that is the only way your symptoms will go away if you just look at them as nothing serious, which they are not, if you look up your symptoms on here so many others have suffered the same! At the moment i'm getting chest pain on and off and i dont feel anxious untill i get a twinge and i start blowing it out of all proportion just as you are which then makes more symptoms, this whole health anxiety is a horrible thing! are you on any anti depressents?

thanks for the reasurance. yes i am on anti depressant mirtazapine which i dont believe has made any difference after 4 months. its just so difficult i have good weeks and believe its anxiety then these horrible symptoms and im convinced im going to be really ill!

it doesnt help that i feel i cant talk to my GP anymore as hes fed up with me and just sits there and makes me feel like im wasting his time!

I know how hard it is to convince yourself that its just anxiety because i do exactly the same thing, try changing your gp, i think i've gone through them all in our surgery and have only found one which didn't make me feel that, I know they have learned about it but i dont think anyone truly understands unless they have been through it themselves and that is whats so good about this site!

Maybe ask about different meds, although i was on prozac and it took about 3 months for them to work, but i've got to say they really helped, the only reason im going throgh this again is because i had to come off them because i'm pregnant, so im trying to work through this horrible thing by myself, but if its still here after the baby is born i''ll ask to go back on them because i honestly felt like a normal person again!! hope you get the help you need, fee free to pm me if you ever need a chat. Bex xxx

hi Jon when i was going through the same as you my gp said if it was anything serious it would'nt come and go , it would stay and gradually get worse, that helps me a bit now when i'm having an anxious day, hope it helps you too.

Thanks again!

My other major symptom / fear is i feel my head and jaw feel like its seizing up and it scares me that im going to have a seizure or fit or something. when i first had the symptoms 5 months ago i suffered with hypoglycemic episodes and one time i had this feeling in head / jaw and fell to the floor shaking! was admitted to hospital that time and had ct scan which was clear. have you experienced anything similar?

Hi jon, as you know i get all these terrible symptoms
    distorted visions, banging headaches, jaw is constantly sore, head feels heavy and feels as if contracting, really bad tremors, muscle twitching in my nose , cheek area and mouth area. my head goes cold and at the minute my legs keep freezing over and are really sore. i have seen a neurologist and he wasn't concerned even though i didn't have a lot of symptoms then. i am really worried now because everyone says if it wasn't anything serious it wouldn't go away. mines doesn't go away it is there all the time but i have been told many, many times anxiety and nothing neurological.x sorry i forgot to add that i also feel the floor moving like my feet are spongy.

I have felt like my jaw is seizing up but remember you had a ct scan which was clear if there was anything wrong it would have shown up on that so try not to let that feeling bother you, easier said than done i know, im sure you falling to the floor was due to your hypoglycemic episode, and the feeling you got in your head and jaw was just a coincidence it happened at the same time! The mind is a very powerfull thing!

sorry sherdac didn't mean to worry you, if you have been told by a proffesional there is nothing wrong and it is just anxiety then it is true and dont think otherwise. xxx

Oh its not you bev that has worried me. just the whole situation i am in that is worrying me.don't worry.x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information