Thread: Multiple chemical Sensitivity

Multiple chemical Sensitivity

I've just learnt something about this today and wonder if anyone here has looked in to it. Apparrently sometimes referred to as environmental illness ,it got me thinking because I am ultra sensitive to perfumes and nasty combustion fumes that make me itch and give me headaches. I suspect this is a fairly new thing, but then again. it isn't something that has ever occured to me before, not until I started examining what it could be that is aggravating/causing discomfort for me.

Re: Multiple chemical Sensitivity

I have wondered the same thing but have never looked into it. It would be a very interesting study though.

My manager at work has multiple chemical sensitivity, it's a real thing, and the only cure is to avoid the things that upset you, and preferably as many chemicals as you can, so organic food is best, no perfume, make up, use chemical free cleaners, soap, whatever you can think of that might have unpleasant chemicals, a bit of a drag at first, but you'll soon get used to it.

I am sure i am sensitive to lots of things, eg perfume - can't wear it without feeling sick and dizzy, counting pennies in my savings jar - copper makes me feel sick and really tight chest and breathless, strangest one if i walk under pylons - head feels all buzzy and feel sick.

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

I have always found that when I'm decorating in my house, the paint always gives me headache and breathlessness. Now I always ensure I paint on windy days with maximum ventilation to dissipate the fumes and use low odour paint.

Thread Information