Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your comments on ssri treatment for sa

your comments on ssri treatment for sa

seroxat kinda helped the first time i took it back in 2000,was on it 3.5 years,i stopped taking it as i was just getting on with life so in that sense did it help?looking back i should of kept on with it as since then the sa has got slightly worse and some of my old fears resurfised.

over the past 3 years i have tried cipralex...very bad side effects came off em after a week... seroxat again,this time side effects were shaking ,tense,real crap so came off them,and finally prozac 40mg for 12weeks..didnt touch my sa felt absolutely nothing,my shrink who changes everytime i go said after 8 weeks he would of stopped if no sign of improvement.so now he has put me back on seroxat 10mg,,to increase after 2 weeks to 20mg..i told him about the side effects being as bad as the sa itself but he thinks a slow drip into my system of em them back on 20 mg might help...nah still feeling bad on this low dose.

so im asking if ssri treatment for you sa has proved to be of value and you
    couldnt of coped without..i beg to differ but be good to hear your views.

i think back in 2000 i wasnt to bad hence why the seroxat could of helped,i think for severe
    sa they are maybe not the answer.

pete
    Last edited by pete69; 20-01-08 at 13:09. Reason: adding txt

Re: your comments on ssri treatment for sa

for some reason Seroxat works the first time and not the second but in your case hopefully the third !!! It also has a nasty habit of stopping anyother meds working as well as several of us on this site are in the same boat. Wish you well finding a med that suits you without side effects and most of all bloomin works!!!!

Joy

joy!
    im so glad you said that about seroxat,as it has been buggin me sine the 2nd time i tried it ...why why why is this not doing what it did last time and where have all these crap side effects come from! im so glad you have replied with that.where did you find out this info was it from personal experience or you heard about it? and why the hell is my shrink trying me on it again if its not going to work,he obviously doesnt know about the 2nd time around thing??or in my case 3rd...the 2nd time i asked my gp for it as i was hoping to get back what i had in 2000,this time the shrink has picked up on the fact that it helped me n the prozac didnt and wants to try again..he also said if it doesnt we try something else..effexor i think he mentioned.

and yes joy it does effect other meds your on i agree,im on klonopin as well and this isnt working as good as when im just taking it on its own...think im gonna knock this whole ssri thing on the head,good for depression bad for sa!

another thing he said was all ssris have the same genes like a family but each has its own character and make up like a human so if one doesnt work it wasnt right so we try the next..so 3 havent worked so i guess i look for no 4!

pete

I was on seroxat for 10 years and came off several months later the anxiety came back so just thought no problem go back on, it two days i was climbing the walls with anxiety like you wouldnt believe so switched to Citalopram which sent me to hell with side effects. We decided to try Seroxat agin cos hey it worked before, I struggled for 8 weeks with awful side effects and no good effect.since then i've tried several other meds not all sssris and nothing worked. Currently on sertraline for 5 weeks and altho no real side effects I'm not better either! Shrink says to give it another 4 weeks then he'll up the dose but feel nothing is ever going to work.

The fact that seroxat doesnt work again has been gleaned from several websites but mainly seroxatmad. i have made several friends on this site and we have all experienced the same altho the medical profession deny it can happen!!!!!!
    tried effexor bad side effects but no good ones

Sorry this post is a tad negative

Love Joy

joy no need to apologise about the neg post,the truth aint always happy is it.
    i think like me you have had your time with ssris and they basically wont give you the best effect anymore.
    i must admit that klonopin is great for my sa and althou it and all benzos get bad press ,i would rather be anxiety free and take it than the opposite,.

i have my name on a cbt list for june so i was hoping to get some help with the seroxat beforehand but i now know this aint gonna happen,if 10mg is making me shake i just cant see any point with carrying on..last tablet this morning..goodbye mr s.

joy good luck with the med your on now hope you eventually get benefits from it...by the way have you tried tranx or are you against taking them?

good luck
    pete

I have got lorazapam and actually that doesnt work well for me and the shrink doesnt want me taking it as he thinks the rebound of it may not be helping the anxiety.Given me seroquel to try instead which is an anti psychotic used in low doses for anxiety.

Actually would take rat poison if it helped!!

I havent got any hope that the sertraline will work but several people on here say it takes at least 6 weeks so i live in hope

Love joy

yup i tried a mild anti-psycotic,procyclodeine didnt do a great deal for me i must admit.
    maybe ask your shrink if you can try klonopin(rivotril) as it has good press for treating social anxiety,i know 3 people on it including myself and so many things we can do on it that before would of been just a pipe dream...may be worth a mention .... heres some good info re meds on sa here..www.socialfear.com

take care
    pete

is that a tranx tho cos my shrink is very anti

love joy

mmm bad news joy it is every gp and shrink is anti tranx..why??????? are they saying seroxat is non addictive,try telling that to the thousands that have horrendous side effects quitting it,makes my blood boil that the only meds that really help they dont want to dish out as they are pushed to give out all these ssris by the big drug companies,so there choice is taken away somewhat.

i got my klonopin from a neurologist as i went to see him re:my shakes n muscle tension in neck,he said i was suffering from anxiety obviously but there was nothing else physically wrong with me,i told him i was on klonopin and so he wrote out a prescription,and ive bben on it ever since-3 years or so,my gp said i should maybe try n cut them down but she is good and doesnt push me,as i have told her it gets me out working and a quality of life and she agreed on that.pros n cons.

i originally got the klonopin from a overseas pharmacy -no way would a gp have given it to me straight off.

pete

um maybe thats what i should do altho isnt it really dodgy cos you dont know what you are getting

joy

Altho my shrink says all the drugs ending with "pam" are the same. I have literally begged for something to take the anxiety down and explained that lorazapam doesnt work but have been told thats all there is
    Last edited by joy; 20-01-08 at 16:50. Reason: added a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information