Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emotions

Hiya
    Even though i do have a partner he's 300 miles away at the moment. And for the last seven months its just been me and the kids. I'm terrible for crying. I tend to bottle it up for a while then let it all out and i literally sob like a baby, i do feel better afterwards though. I can't talk to people about things really. I've tried to talk to my mum and she always says i've got to buck my ideas up for the kids sake. Always critises but its never constructive if you get my meaning.
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

hi blue thanks for that but im not a good talker either im ok with a simple "yes, im ok.....or not too bad today" but cant go into any detail or i end up a wreck all crying and pathetic and embarrass myself

fan x

Tracy,

I used to have the same problem with my mum - I could never have opened up to her, and my dad is the same. But I find I can do so with my brother more, maybe because he is a product of them like me, and I may view my parents as a catalyst for my issues deep inside.

But of course, friends are best, and sometimes I just breakdown in front of the doctor or therapist, as they are both a stranger and somebody who will view your emotions from a professional viewpoint - they see all sorts of 'cases' in their working day.

Ray

Ray
    I have given up talking to my mum about it all now. I do have a best mate who i can chat to because she's been in this situation but alot worse. About three years ago she took an overdose. She never talked to anyone about it either. So at least i have someone i guess and we know where we're both coming from. But this site has given me alot of help over the weeks.

Tracy
    x

Hi Ray

Even though I don't live alone, my boyfriend has never really understood my illness and can't understand why I suffer panic/anxiety and depression. At the start of my illness 5 years ago, i used to get so frustrated with my boyfriend/parents/friends etc becuase i felt they didn't understand how ill I felt and I used to sit and cry all day because I felt so alone. My mum was brilliant and just used to hold me while I sobbed my heart out and she would often cry with me because she felt so helpless as how to make me better. She ended up on antidepressants herself as it made her ill having to look after me and the kids and having to watch me go through this and not knowing what to do and I feel a lot of guilt that i made her ill too. My boyfriends way of coping was to try and block it out by getting P****d in the pub every day which didn't help as I thought he didn't care. Once the depression lifted I was still left with awful anxiety but I still get frustrated when i have down days and sit and cry as I feel like I am going backwards instead of forwards. This illness can make everyone feel like they are very alone even when they are not, and that is why I was glad to find this website as I now never feel alone anymore and I know everyone understands what I feel like. I was referred to a psychiatrist a few years ago which i didn't find very helpful and have also seen a psychiatric nurse who was better but once I was over the worst they said I didn't need to be seen again. I find that if I want a good cry and the tears won't come I watch sad films when my boyfriends at work and the kids are at school and just bawl my eyes out to release the tension as I find I always feel better after a damn good cry and I don't think it is anything that we should be ashamed of.

Good luck with the therapy and take care
    Love Lisaxx

Hi Lisa,

Hadn't thought about the sad films to get the tears going.

But a couple of my friends are currently in California, and have posted their pics on the web. These images have made me at least sob, maybe because they have flown 6,000 miles to see friends whilst I'm stuck here on my todd and struggle to travel two miles!

Yes, this site is brilliant - everyone understands.

Cheers,

Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information