Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am pregnant!

Unhappy am pregnant!

hey all am very scared about being pregnant am obv excited too but am so worried that something is going to go wrong! i'm up all night throwing up and most of day and i'm worrying as cant eat alot and that baby isnt getting enough i dont know wat to do!! x

Re: am pregnant!

Hiya

Congrats on the pregnancy!

People with eating disorders and starving women in Africa still manage to have healthy babies so Im sure u throwing up for a while wont be a problem

If it goes on into ur second trimester, it might be worth having a chat with ur doctor about it but ur defo not the first woman that spent the first 12 weeks chucking her guts up lol

Good luck

G

I agree. I spent the first 3 months of my pregnancy throwing up and unable to eat. I was pretty sick for the rest of it too but produced an 8lb baby two weeks early. The doctor and hospital keep a close eye on you and if there are any concerns they'll deal with it.

Congratulations!!

thanks for the replies! i also worry i wont be able to cope with the baby as i have m.e and cant work atm because of it. Also the birth as i get tired so easily and dont want to put the baby in any danger x

Hiya

They are normal worries for every mum, even if they dont have any other illness.

As for the birth, well your body kinda takes over so u just have to go with it! I was amazed at how little I had to consciously do!! I recommend plenty of gas and air - its wonderful stuff lol

Leading up to the birth you obviously have your midwife and GP to talk to and then afterwards you will have a health visitor. They are all very used to hearing new mums saying the same things that you are worrying about now.

All the perfect celebrity mums u see in the media are totally impossible things to live up to and EVERY new mum struggles at some point so you wont be alone! Dont be afraid to say to the health visitor if there are things you are having trouble with. They wont judge you and can offer you support. I would recommend checking out the mum and baby groups locally too cos they are great source of support. Some hospitals/practices also run groups for pregnant women too so maybe worth asking about that?

You'll be amazed how much the pregnancy prepares you for life with a new baby, esp the part that means you get v little sleep etc

Try not to stress too much - u really are not alone - and (once the sickess bit is over!) try to enjoy the wonderful experience you are going through

G x

Hi and congrats!

Firstly as the others wisely sasy do not worry about the morning sickness stuff. It does pass and I know I only wanted to eat mint imperials for the first 3 months which have no dietary value at all.

So take a pregnancy supplement pill so you are getting vitamins in yourself and try to eat a little but often. And don't worry about all the loo hugging you have to do. I know I went completely off fruit and veg when pregnant and I was very worried but your body will start to crave what it it needs.

Do not worry about the birth for now. There are options available for you and you can chat with your midwife about these. You might have a super quick labour!

I know a woman who has ME and they have twins!!! She copes but has strategies in place to help her. SHe has to be realistic and she has learnt to swallow her pride and asks people around her to help when she has a bad period. And people actually love being asked for help. If you have family support around then that is going to be a big bonus for you.

I know it is a worrying time and you hormones are all over the place buit it will come together in the end xxx

Oh and as for putting the baby in danger at the birth, I had FOUR midwives in the delivery room with me so there was plenty of people around to keep an eye on things!!!! A few two many really, given the rather undignified position i was in lol

Take a birthing partner in with you so they can be an extra pair of eyes and get help if its needed (which im sure it wont be )

G x

Congrats!!! it's such a wonderful time, I actually can't wait to be pregnant again. but it does come with it's fair share of worries. If you are battling with the sickness maybe speak to your doctor about natural remedies or something to help you out.

Good luck hope all goes ok I am sure you will have enough support from the docs and midwives if not don't be worried to ask.

Take care,
    Janie

hey xxxxx

just wanted to say congrats to you and that im really proud of you cos your copiong really well.

things will be ok, just take it easy xxxxxxx

hugs from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

minnie xxxx

I think most of us worry with our preg but try not to worry too much(i know easier said than done) but really, with my first pg i was throwing up the firs 3 months and with my second i was throwing up the first 5 months, i was living on that ensure stuff with all the vitamins and nothing else, sometimes i couldn't even keep that down. Both my babies were just fine and healthy, they're now 15yrs and 3yrs and still very healthy. You'll Be Fine
    Oh and by the way,,,,,CONGRATS & ENJOY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information