Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I made a big mistake

I made a big mistake

A week or so ago I made a big mistake. I visited another message forum concerned with Depersonalisation and started to read through the discussion posts....

The lady whom runs the forum (and has also published a book on the subject) started to explain how she felt. She described feeling lost in her own head. This grabbed my attention as I feel like this too.

I ordered her book and it arrived a few days ago.
    It scared me silly and started me thinking terrible things that I just cant seem to forget now.

Last night I decided to read Claire Weekes' book to try and calm myself down. It helped a little, but I still cant shake this feeling now of being lost inside my own mind.

Please take my advice. Dont read stuff like this! The people on the forum talked of being in DP for 30 years and told terrifyingly graphic stories of complete horror.

I feel as though it has put me back weeks and really confused me. I really am now starting to question my sanity.

Just dont go there.

Jude xx

Hi Jude, please don't toture your self like this, it's just another symptom with us, whenever we read or find about things like that we start to compare ourselves and become paranoid. Jude just stick with this forum, it's the best medication and my ear is here if you want to talk

Rach xx

Hi Jude

Try not to worry, these are just thoughts whizzing round your head, I had these spacey feeling sfor weeks and they did eventually go.
    Think of this as just a blip and you will be fine.
    Do not question your sanity, you are ok it's just the way anxiety is making you react at the moment.

Try distracting yourself

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Jude,

Rach has said it all. Any mental health problem is going to have some tiny part that sounds familiar to us. It's also human nature to think the worst, but do you know what flower? You are as normal and sane as anyone, and more so than some.

I've read all sorts of information and posts on the net but there isn't a single one that matches NOMOREPANIC for accuracy and common sense.

Jude, simply look at this information as not relevant to you, because it is. Put it in a bag and throw it out with the other rubbish, and I'll meet you in the pub for a drink later.

Regards,

Blue
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Hi Jude

That is the problem with some of these books they are so graphic and we automatically start putting ourselves in that position. I know how you are feeling, but your sanity is fine. You have realised it hasnt helped you and are not going to read or go back to that site, so if your sanity was long gone you wouldnt be able to make that decision.

It is their stories you have read not yours and yours is nothing like theirs.

Just remember we are all here to support you and you are going to be okay.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Thank you everyone.

I dont know why, but I feel like a traitor to you all. It serves me right for looking elsewhere etc. etc.

I am going to the library today to ask them if I can donate the book I bought. If they dont want it I shall throw it in the bin.

Im so angry with myself because I was doing so well!

Still, I have learned a big lesson.

Hi Jude

You havent been a traitor at all, we all have a mosey around other sites, but we all seem to come back to this one as it is so good and all our friends are here.

I am sure the library will take the book of you.

You will be fine, and you wont end up like any of those stories in the book.

Take care hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Jude, you haven't let anyone down, you are you and you're wondeful, and pleas try not to be angry with yourself as it will make you feel worse.

Just think- you are an able person and you are just trying to heal yourself from an illness- you tried that book but that book was NOT appropriate to your condition!! A little mind trickery may work!!!

Rach xx

hi Jude no way have you been a traitor, If you didnt look around you wouldnt have found this site? Also Its good to search around becouse if anyone doeas find anything helpfull they can tell the rest of us the web address? I to find Clare weekes book Essential help for the nerves very usfull in fact a great book. So its not nice for you but if we didnt read the books we wouldnt know if they helped or not? Can you Tell us the book title so we dont read it please? take care Vernon

Sometimes just reading about a situtation relating to our problem can trigger an attack.
    My therapist told me that our thoughts control our feelings (not the other way around as I once thought) so if you are thinking these things, you may start to feel them, also.
    I totally understand that this is perhaps the worst symptom of panic, but I do think it can be beat.
    Get rid of the book!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information