Thread: fast heart rate

fast heart rate

Hiya all,

another one to add to my many on the list of complaints im afraid!

I have been fine this morning, then go up to tesco, not feeling anxious at all, then i become aware that my heart is pounding away extremely fast, probably about 180! No other symptoms, not even anxiety, just this!

obviously now im convinced theres something else seriously wrong with my heart, on a pos note i havnt had ectopics for 4 days. Suppose ill get them now.

Anyone else have heart rate like this randomly or notice this outta the blue? I wasnt exerting myself either, just walked up the escalator. im scared.

cassi

Re: fast heart rate

hiya ,i get that sometimes as well thats what stopped me going out sometimes the fear of getting them .i think although we feel fine its anxiety
    i can say to you ignore it but its difficult , i know this is not much help but its always good to here that other people get them .

sally

forgot to say my daughter (shes 19)gets that really bad sometimes and she doesnt suffer from anxiety or panic doctor told her some people just get them .

story of my life ...read my diary below xxxx

yeah it is good to know, its just that i hadnt thought about the anxiety or wasnt anxious about anything and it happened - then i focus on it and it then does cause me anxiety - vicious circle!

i will mention it to the cardiologist thursday anyway, my anxiety has more or less disappeared now, its nowhere near as bad as when i was diagnosed - im finding now its always about my heart and the slightese thing away from normal is catastrophic in my eyes.

Hopefully thursday will provide me with the reassurance i need. Just praying idont have serious probs. It all started after the birth of my daughter.

Cassi23xxxxxxx

Did you know that your ectopics will go away completely when your heart speeds up. This is how Dr's know that your ectopics are harmless. I only get ectopics when my heart is beating normally but take me to the hospital for a test or sitting in the Dr's waiting room and my heart is pinging away about 120 bpm and not an ectopic in sight

i hav the exact same prob as u but my gp has said its alcohol related coz i drink all the time but its still scary i went 2 hospital they put me onto a monitor my heart was 180- 200 i was really scared they said i get tachacardia dnt really understand it im only 23 but know wat ur going through

Thread Information