Thread: Another sore bit on my tongue

Another sore bit on my tongue

Back in November I burnt the tip of my tongue on hot coffee and it took about a month for it to stop being intensely painful when I hate hot food or drink and for the white bit of dead tissue to go away. I saw my Dr who said it would be sore for a long time. It is still slightly pink and slightly sore.

Two weeks ago Iwas eating rowntrees fruit pastilles the big ones covered in hard crystal sugar and I put about three in my mouth at once ( no comments please Iwas having a bad day!) and was pressing them against the top of my mouth with my tongue. A few hours late my tongue was really sore and when I looked in mirror I had a round bright red patch that was shiny as if I had rubbed off the normal lumpy coating of tongue. Its still very painful especially if I eat on it.

I know logically that I have done two things that explain both sore patches on my tongue but my health anxiety brain is worrying.

Is it normal to take a long time for tongue injuries to heal??

Re: Another sore bit on my tongue

I would say yes as it is in constant use all day so will be harder to heal that say a cut on somewhere else on the body.

Obviously certain foods will aggrevate it as well and restrict the recovery.

It will get better if you watch what you eat etc for a while.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information