Thread: Bad Night last night!! Has anyone had this happen??

Unhappy Bad Night last night!! Has anyone had this happen??

Hi! I'm kinda of new here. I've been on the site before and spoke to a few people before but this is my first time of posting. Last night (Valentine's Night no less) didn't go so well. I was watching tv and then all of a sudden I got a rush over my body and heart started pounding but then I got a burning or heat sensation in my chest and back. This scared me because I never had this before (the burning/heat sensation). I've recently been to the doctor and I'm on Zoloft which he said takes a few weeks to get in your system so in the meantime he gave me Xanax too incase I felt like I needed something fast to help. Well prior to this attack last night I took my Xanax pill because I was feeling a little on edge but after I took my pill I ate 4 pieces of my valentine's candy (bad I know) and this attack happened about 45 mintues after I took my med. I didnt' know if anyone else has had this happen before or not. Has anyone had this burning/heat sensation?? I ended up at the ER last night for about 4 hours they ran and EKG and stuff and that came back ok they said that it was just caused from my anxiety.

I want to thank everyone for any support. I know we are all going threw this together and it's so nice to talk to others that are going threw the same thing as I am!!

Re: Bad Night last night!! Has anyone had this happen??

Hi Gilly96,

Sorry to hear about your experience.yes I have had the heat/burning sensation with panic attacks.I got it particularly bad when I started having them at first.
    I was checked from head to toe several times and nothing was ever found.Apparently physically I'm healthy as a goat LOL.

I know its horrible but its one of the faces of anxiety hun.

bet x

Thank you for responding. I've been checked a couple times also and they can't seem to find anything else!! Thank you again!!

Gilly
    Hope your feeling better. Ive had so many strange symptoms the last few months its hard to remember all of them. I have certainly had sudden rushes where i feel faint, heart pounding, sick, dizzy, back pain/burning, chest pain, you name it ive had it. Ive had ecg's, chest x rays and paid for an MRI scan all of which have come back fine. Now i accept everything is down to my anxiety. I have been on citalopram for about 6 weeks now and and feeling much calmer although i still get the odd feelings sometimes i dont dwell on them so much and they pass.
    You have been checked out and everything has come back fine. I know its hard to accept anxiety can do these things to you, especially when you are feeling quite happy doing nothing in particular and it strikes out of the blue.
    Rest assured though you are fine.
    Take care
    Donna x

Thank you Donna for your kind words....I'm so glad I can write to others going threw the same problems. Makes me feel so much better!!

i am a panic attack sufferer altough i havent had an attack as such for some time!!! i have had all the symptons and spent many a night in hospital, however i believe meds are a no go ,if it is all in the mind how is a pill gonna fix it? its mind over matter babe and im here to share my tips.
    i am scared of everything , that will never go , if i go to the dentist i will rather have the pain than the injection itself , m not scared of needles funny enough but the drug itself,
    i cant take the contraception pill coz im scared of the side effects!! ha ha
    im mad but i my attacks are now managable...please contact me and well talk in more detail , if ur anything like me u cant get it all down in one go!!! lol
    take care x x

Thread Information